1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheat Problems & rubbish firmware

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sidni7, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidni7

sidni7 Member

My usrcheat.dat file is only 1.19 MB but hardly any cheats come up and most that do are in Chinese or maybe Japanese :-\ They used to be fine on original R4 and are definitely (E) & (U) cheat codes.

Sadly, the R4 was showing its age, so I bought new from Moby Memory. Last time they sent me R4 Ultra, which was ok. This time they sent R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) www.r4isdhc.com. I am using 8GB Dane-Elec memory card they supplied, which I formatted with Panasonic SDFormatter. Started with v1.11B English firmware now on v1.15B English but still have the same problem. I put the cheat file in the system directory but have tried it in the root directory to no avail.

Nobody else seems to mention this problem, so I'm wondering if it really is just me or as I suspect, really rubbish firmware? Anybody know for sure? Or better still, has anybody found any other firmware that might work on this seemingly dodgy cart?

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The original R4 has a new firmware and a new life, (Note) not for sdhc type

DSTT v1.17a12 For R4 Original Users , Updated 12/27/09

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f0itmtdty5m

Game fixed list http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=f086394c85587cb42bfd3667c382c643&showtopic=195808
    Post Merge: [time]1262543202[/time]
    For cheats, http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

usrcheat.dat about under 6mbs after unpaked

3. sidni7

sidni7 Member

Thanks Jhon 591 - I'll have a look at that firmware for original R4.

But now I've spent money on two of these new cartridges that will take SDHC cards, I'd like to get some use out of them if I can.

4. Jhon 591

What game you have no cheats for, You can place usrcheat.dat where your cheat.dat is... in one of the folders, you don't have to delete it

They is also a usrcheat.dat in the abouth firmware ^ , in ttmenu folder

5. sidni7

sidni7 Member

Some of the Cheats I had that don't work with new cart (when I say don't work - they just don't appear at all) :-
    Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi Partners In Time, Yu Gi Oh GX Spirit Caller, Zoo Tycoon 2, The World Ends With You, Suikoden Tierkreis
    But the list goes on on...

And like I said, others are in either Chinese or Japanese (not sure which), even though I know they are (E) or (U) Cheat Codes and worked with original R4:-
    Dragon Hunters, Transformers Decepticons, Magical Starsign, Mario Party

Does anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found a solution?

6. Jhon 591

Inside of your firmware for SDHC R4, they must be a cheat.dat in a folder, if they is deleted it of your microSD chip and replace it with usrcheat.dat file

They may have mix the lang on the cheat file some how, But im unsure of this... Anyone else knows?

7. sidni7

sidni7 Member

Yes, I have CHEAT.DAT and usrcheat.dat both in the _system_ folder.

I was confident it must be a firmware problem, but when I checked around, no one else is admitting to having it :-[ I tried swapping in a different usrcheat.dat but it made no difference.

8. Jhon 591

Delete cheat.dat and leave usrcheat.dat

But im scratching my head...

If not replace it from your firmware arcive

Hear is all firmware makes if it helps

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Give this page a few seconds to load

9. sidni7

sidni7 Member

Wow! ;D I deleted the CHEAT.DAT and suddenly all my Cheats are there and in English!

Thanks so much for your help, Jhon 591! I would never have worked it out. And apologies to the R4 SDHC Ugrade Revolution Team. Their help might not be up to much, but their firmware apparently, isn't so bad after all.

Solved!

10. Jhon 591

Your welcome ;)!, Having two Set's of cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat, one must be confusing the over, anyway glad to be of help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.