1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheat fixes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Riversong, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riversong

Riversong Well-Known Member

Ok here are the stats:
    product: R4i-sdhc
    Platform: moonshell2 (not v. 1.09b aka. the newest, but the one b4 it... downloaded).
    Game: FFCC: Echoes of time
    cheats: gbatemp.net--->usrcheats.dat

Ok, so I downloaded the cheat database from gbatemp.net, but I cannot seem to get the game cheat fix to work. It's like it's not even being reognised or more like I did nothing at all. Could anyone help me find out what I need to do to activate it. I know the cheats are there, because the system lists the cheats out. What would the next step be to activate them? I tried pressing the save key, but that didn't work. Any help would be most appreciative.

Thanks so much! :D

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Get into the Cheat menu, enable or 'tick' the ones you want, and save.

3. Riversong

I did that and the fix still won't work. The anti-piracy feature is still active. I thought the cheat would've fixed it. Suggestions?

4. anandjones

You might have to patch the ROM itself with the Action Replay code, using a program like DSATM.

5. Riversong

Do you have a step-by-step instruction manual on how to do that? I thought it would have come with the rar file, but no such luck. I would figure it out myself, but I have tried, and failed. I am just not that techno-savvy.

6. anandjones

Simply load the ROM, have your fix code in a .txt file with nothing else, load that, and patch using the buttons.

7. Riversong

Ohhh ok. I tried that already. Where do I put the arm7.bin file at?

8. anandjones

You don't need to ARM7 patch. How did you know that enabling and saving cheats did not work? Try reinstalling your firmware and the latest cheat database.

9. HellsingDog

HellsingDog Active Member

Hey, same thng happened to me- I got a cheat database off of the same site, and b4 on my R4i, it wouldnt show the cheat's available "popup" at all, but after i put it in, it shows the cheat folder, but theres no cheats found which makes no sense - its like it recognises there might be cheats, but it still doesnt find it or let me use it =? and I know the database is obviously not empty, - whats up with it?????

10. anandjones

Make sure you're using usrcheat.dat and it's in your 'system' folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.