1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheat.dat help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by layton16, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layton16

layton16 Well-Known Member

hi i want to update my cheats to the newest one do i just delete my old cheat.dat and put the new one in

and can some one direct me to a place were i can find the updated GBA temp cheat.dat i cant find it on there new download site

Thanks

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, you just replace the old one. The cheat files are still in the same place as they used to be on gbatemp: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

3. layton16

do i download the dat.zip one then extract the file so there only a .dat
    Post Merge: [time]1256223102[/time]
    how do i manually add codes because i want some codes for yugioh 5d's

4. Fredbox

You need a program called R4cce. Just google it and it's really easy to use.

5. layton16

were it says cheat enable or game enable do i tick these

6. Fredbox

I'm not sure. I don't think you need to tick it. But if it doesn't work try ticking it.

7. layton16

lastly were do i save it and what do i save it as

8. Fredbox

You save it as the same name, because it won't work if you change the name. And put it on your MicroSD where your old one is (make sure you delete the old one).

9. layton16

What do u mean by the old one (make sure you delete the old one)

do u mean the old cheat.dat

10. Fredbox

Yes, delete the one that's already on your card. Then put your new one in the same place.

11. layton16

i deleted the old cheat.dat but it deleted all other cheats on my game

ps do i have to call the new one cheat.dat as well because i called it the name of the game i put cheats in for

12. Fredbox

I meant the same name as it had before you put the cheat in. I meant call it cheat.dat
    P.S. Try using some capitol letters in your posts, it makes it a lot easier to read.

13. layton16

When i put the new codes in and deleted the old Cheat.DAT and saved the Codes in the systems folder i get a black loading screen that goes on for ever when i put the card back into my ds

Do i need to call the cheats usrcheat.dat i heard u need to do that if u add your own codes manually

or would it be because i called it CHEAT.DAT (all in caps is this a problem)

14. Fredbox

Hmm, I don't know what caused that, sorry.

15. layton16

By the way i am using an r4 original v1.18 if that helps

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use usrcheat.dat, delete any other cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat file existing in your _system_ folder. For issues on cheats not appearing, read the Common Issues https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.