1. This forum is in read-only mode.

chat box

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mick1234, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick1234

mick1234 Well-Known Member

this is just a idea so people can chat and use the forums i think it would be okay idea but is up to the boss of the forum

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this has been considered, in fact another site we host on this server as a favour to the site owner has one, and it causes all sorts of problems because of the load it puts on the database server, so we decided against having one.

3. mick1234

mick1234 Well-Known Member

i think i find a site where they flame in it and stuff and i get a lot of stuff take me two weeks to clean it out of my computer

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

We have IRC, thats good enough, plus I remember Reider saying if we added a chatbox he'd either block it or kill himself because of all the abuse and spam.

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

I'm of the belief that we don't need 2 places to mess around in. IRC is the better choice since it doesn't lag the forums and we can still have fun taking shots at one another back and forth.

Really, if we add anything, I'd prefer adding one of those IRC chat things you can install on the forums and get people to come in through that if they're too lazy to go download a client.

6. I did download the client, and I couldn't get it to connect :(

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Just wait a while, it'll connect eventually

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, or the Java IRC applet you can get somewhere.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

an IRC plugin has been considered, but in light of the recent problems we've experienced I would rather not increase the load on the server any further at this time.

10. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

Chatboxes are often just big breedingstations of under-aged nerds which anonymously try to yell away their puberal insecurities (damn, it's like a poem:p)

11. str8ayds

str8ayds Member

I was thinking of posting this too

12. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

No use of getting a chat box though.

13. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

yep
    no use at all
    i find they just inspire ass holes (excuse the language) ;)

14. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

i hate the idea. On other sites i believe it shows a sign of an amateurs site and any kids on the site may see some language that they shouldn't.

15. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, but no need discussion it further, it's already been overruled anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.