1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Charmander in just Sinnoh Dex?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by bobobob1, Feb 10, 2010.

1. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm playing Pokemon Platinum in NO$GBA, and I was trying to get a Charmander. Of course, I just started, so I only have the Sinnoh Dex, not the National. If I use Pokesav to give myself a Charmander, what will happen? Will the game crash, since obviously, Charmander can't go into the Sinnoh Dex?

2. jackketchum

jackketchum Active Member

If you modify a Pokemon in your Box or Team, it would not register into your Pokedex. However, I don't know what'd happen if/when you evolve it.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I believe your Dex would simply update to the National Dex automatically if your edited Pokemon evolves. If you're that worried, activate the National Dex while in Pokesav.

4. azlanshah

azlanshah Well-Known Member

Well the pokedex num will be ??? so just fine..make a backup up sav file first though

5. romsrule99

romsrule99 Well-Known Member

it wont appear, until after you update the pokedex

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The only way to hack a Charmander into the actual pokedex entry is to make an egg of Charmander and hatch it. Until you get the National Dex, his entry will not appear.

7. hans martin

hans martin Well-Known Member

you must have seen each pokemon of sinnoh.
    then youll get the national dex with a charmander

8. bobobob1

but will I still be able to use Charmander and its evolutions with no problem? Like, will the game crash?

9. Scent

Scent Active Member

If you have a Pokemon who's numbering isn't registered in the Sinnoh dex, that Pokemon's numbering will be displayed as "???". For example: Bulbasaur is # 001 in the National dex, when in the Sinnoh dex, it'll be # ???.

10. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

I've done this before. Don't worry, if you cheat in a non-Sinnoh Dex pokemon nothing should happen. Of course, you won't be able to check it and it's evolutions in the Dex until you get the National Dex. It should be okay to evolve it too.

11. bobobob1

Thanks guys! Did you use pokesav for this?