1. This forum is in read-only mode.

changing the skins on my acekard 2i ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iwantndsroms, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

how do i change the skins on my acekard 2i ?its in a dsi i have managed to get it to work but i would like to change the skin on it as it pretty boring,thankyou

2. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

(I hope I'm getting this right. I'm also assuming you're using the custom AKAIO firmware)
    Go to somewhere like Acekard's main site or http://www.ndsthemes.com/ (appears to be down or something to me at the moment) and find something you like (make sure it's specifically for the Acekard). When you've downloaded it, you should get a zip file or similarly compressed folder.

Extract the files into an actual folder, if it's not already in one. Name that folder whatever you like. Then plug your MicroSD card into the computer, find a folder called _aio and open it. Go to the folder called ui and there you will see your various skins. Drag the folder with your new skin into there, and it will be added into your skin collection.

Then, to change the skin while the Acekard is booted up on your system, hit start --> system options. The first choice should be called Interface Theme, choose the theme you wish, hit "A" to save your changes, and say "yes" to the part where it asks to reboot and change the theme.

3. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

i looked and do not have a folder called -AIO ,i am using the standard firmware i think as the two links i got from miros and jhon on another post to a cople of sites that had the files didnt work in the acekard (well i couldnt get them to work) it kept saying file missing so i got the one that working at the moment from the official acekard site.i did look in the folders in the sd and found one called dmsplay and in that theres another folder called skins but the files are not the same as myr4i (bmp) files but they are called (BMZ) files instead is this the right ones to change and what one is the top and bottom screens?thanks again rush
    Post Merge: [time]1261673070[/time]
    I have sorted it out now thankyou, found the files on the acekard website and the folder was calle ui that the skins were in.thanks alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.