1. This forum is in read-only mode.

changing shoulder buttons to either start or select

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gamegenius789, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamegenius789

gamegenius789 Member

my DS for some reason the shoulder buttons dont work. I really want to play the new kingdom hearts game. But the controls include the use of r and l buttons. Is there a way to bypass the tutorial so i play with only the D pad and ABXY buttons or change the button config

ur help is much appreciated

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I can give a few suggestions, none of them involes altering the L and R buttons-you may need them in game-or other's for that matter.

1.Make a seal with your hands and blow hard-it's an old trick to disloge any forgein objects jamming it from within.

2.If that fails after a bit, do what I do-slam the buttons onto a table for a bit-gently at first and aim for the buttons-not to hard as it may damage it

3.Get it repaired-it may cost but in long run worth it

4.Get a new ds model-if repair cost more than repair

5.Play it thru an pc emulator like NO$GBA and once you get to where you need grab the save file and ram it into the flashcard-converting it when needed-that way you can not need L and R buttons-just for that scene.

6.Look in game options-it may have a button config-if not the first 5 may help somewhat

3. gamegenius789

gamegenius789 Member

umm i think ill try option 5. wat program to i use to convert plzz provide tutorial im so noob at this!!!

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have no idea how to convert saves unfortunatly-all i know is that it can be done.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

6. gamegenius789

gamegenius789 Member

thank you very much

7. gamegenius789

gamegenius789 Member

lol i seriously cnt be bothered to play the whole tutorial again.... can anyone post a all finished tutorial sav (compatible with r4 1.18) here plz :-\

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can't skip it?

9. gamegenius789

gamegenius789 Member

it gets annoying when i repeat it again!

10. basgen

basgen Member

If you're using a R4 make sure the little (R) in the top right corner is always on red before you open a game... If it is on green then you will not be able to use your L and R ingame.

Hope that this is actually your problem as it would mean a easy fix.

gl.

11. tehuber1337

Incorrect. That red/green R icon indicates whether or not soft-reset is enabled. If it is, pressing L+R+A+B+X+Y in-game will take you back to the R4 menu.

12. basgen

basgen Member

yes... which also means that the normal function of L and R isnt active, as i stated.

13. tehuber1337

And as I stated, that's incorrect.

If you have a fake R4, that may be a possibility, but it's definitely not the norm.

14. basgen

basgen Member

Well either way it could be that he has the same one i have...

15. tehuber1337

Given that he mentioned 1.18, he probably has a genuine R4.

16. anandjones

^I doubt it. Would just be a early fake/clone. tehuber is right, the icon is for enabling/disabling the soft-reset function. I definitely have not heard of a setting in-firmware that disables the use of cryptic keys.

17. tehuber1337

Meh, some people still have genuine R4s. The vast majority of clones differentiated themselves with firmware updates. I don't think I've ever seen one that still uses 1.18.

18. rickyrickred

rickyrickred Well-Known Member

i know most of us arnt rich, but i suggest u buy a new one when you can

19. gamegenius789

gamegenius789 Member

lol im getting a acekard 2i anywaz ... by the way u noe r4 savs etc. is it compatible with acekard 2i i really want to get rid of the r4 anyway

20. anandjones

Yes, the save-files should be backwards compatible with the Acekard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.