1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Changing how we download from here(just read)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kittykitty, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittykitty

kittykitty New Member

Why not in stead of points make it one download every 3 hours or something like that to make traffic slower.points suck because for people who want it free u would have to wait a long time to get something that costs 1k+ points ud have to wait like a year to get it?i know the site makes money off people but still....u could be like upgrade to premium to dl anytime u want or something?please im poor...

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

1000 points only takes 20 days, or three weeks, to acquire. That is FAR from one year. One year is 365 Days.

3. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

1 download every 3 hours?

I think points are just fine

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The problem with time based downloads is that it doesn't take file size into account. And the servers charge by usage, so bigger file sizes mean more cost.

The point based system combines time and file size limitations.

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

If you can afford a computer and an Internet connection, then you're not poor. There's no point in changing the way we've ran RomUlation for years because one user does not want to either wait for points, or pay a paltry five bucks for fifteen thousand points.

6. kittykitty

kittykitty New Member

k nvm then...and this comp was a cristmas present from my relitives who have money,we r poor...its takeing me 5 months to get 12$ for the art of war book

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then how long would it take you to make the $3,500 it costs us every month to run this site?

8. kittykitty

kittykitty New Member

hmmmm i get 12$ every 5 months...so u can do that math...it would take me a really long time....and anyways in useing my neibors wifi so theres my internet...lol

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Wow relax people, there's no reason to be mean, you don't have to throw it in his face, you can just politely say that we're not going to change it.

10. fdgsaoralex

fdgsaoralex Well-Known Member

Also, romulation isn't the only place online to get these resources.

You can do a little thing to find places elsewhere online that serve material like romulation. It's called research.

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'm glad(well, not really), I leave(I mean, I forgot) the website for about 2 years, and accidentally found it when searching for a DS games.. ;D
    My points at the time I back is enough(yeah, more than enough) for me to download the games that I want. ;D

I'm not rich either, all I can do is, lurking around the Forum, waiting for the points to be updated(if my points is low) ;D

12. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Just remember that it's against the rules to post links to other ROM sites. :)

13. dantheman12

dantheman12 New Member

1 download every 3 hours? YEAH RIGHT

i download in blocks. i search for a game then also look for others and then download all in one period in time. 1 download would be a killer for me.

+plus i have heeps of points 1009 in fact. i have heeps that i dont use so i would be happy to send some that u guys who dont have much. tell me if you can.

14. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

hmm weird i havnt even noticed i just download a game when that finishes i download another points where never a problem for me but im not one of those people who download a thousand ds games and never play em

15. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

The point system doesn't bother me... I have over 10,000 points, and I only download DS or GBA roms... so I will usually spend up to 100-200 points a week at most, depending on whether I have to re-download a large game (KH three times...gah!), or if some good game over the free limit is released (80MB?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.