1. This forum is in read-only mode.

CEX, how are their business?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultra, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

there has recently been a new electronic store opened locally where i live. they're called cex. i checked them out on the web to see if they were established. they are located in the uk and would like to know if they form a stable business? that is a business that won't be dead in the next week, month or so. btw, they buy and sell used electronics but they're overpriced.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: CEX, how are they're business?

yes, I bought my PS3 from there about 6 months ago, and they're one of the cheapest places for games and used electronics over here. I've had some pretty good deals on hardware, and have got almost all my PS3 there at a price I'm willing to pay, not the price the publisher wants me to pay. They've been in business for at least a year if not more.

3. jimhall7

jimhall7 Member

we have used the for over a year and are impressed.. they seem keyed up.

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm curious how it's pronounced.... is it "C".E.X.

or....yeah...

Because if it's pronounced the other way, how did they get their permit?

5. Loonylion

its pronounced as 3 separate letters.

6. ultra

ultra Guest

computer entertainment exchange [xchange]
    c.e.x

i do agree that they do have good prices on games. they have dark alliance 2 for $25 dollars! in gamestop this game is like 40-50 dollars.

but i sometime disagree on their hardware. they have a wii system for sale and it's 25 dollars more then when buying a new wii for 250 dollars. then there is also pc hardware which if you know what to get then you won't get taken. they had a 6800 or one of those top of the line geforce 6xxx series and it cost pretty hefty. i understand that the video card is pretty high grade but at the current market, there are equipment that is new and can compete with the cards from the past.

7. Loonylion

I got a professional grade audio card for £30, retail they sell for 3-4 figures.