1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Certain Files Won't Work...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by grillo9, Aug 30, 2010.

1. grillo9

grillo9 New Member

Hey guys, you'll probably laugh at my naivety for asking such a question but oh well...

how is it that when I download certain files they won't load on my emulator? I use PSXeven (because its the only one i could set up ^^) and its really bugging me, it says the file is "File ecm" and I have no idea what that means, any help is greatly appreciated.

Grillo

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

googled and found this: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=60919

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If your trying to run a game ? , just download a basic iso are bin/cure image of that game

What certin files are you tring to run...

4. grillo9

grillo9 New Member

Re: Certain Files Won\'t Work...

thanks for the link ill check it out :)

im trying to run metal gear solid actually, I searched it on this website and Its not downloadable which is fair enough, but ive gotten it off megaupload and the file type wont work, it calls itsself a file ecm and i have no idea what that means lol
    Post Merge: [time]1283362990[/time]
    and im using isos and cues lol i dont have any decent ps1 games in hardware format (discs) :p

5. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Use a program like Daemon tools or Ultraiso to convert the ecm file to iso or bin formats.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that wont work, ecm is a compression format.

7. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

Sorry, just thought it was one of the many thousands of proprietary disc image formats, seriously isn't iso or bin formats enough why do we need mdf, img, etc.

8. grillo9

grillo9 New Member

i agree griffandir lol, by the way that link really helped man thank you very much :) thanks for the help guys mucho appreciated :D

9. Jhon 591

Are you sure you even have a real bios'es in the bios folder to even run a game first ?

Your first post don't make much sence

The emulator will run a basic either ISO are bin/cure image as is...

Psx v1.13 could be better in some ways - although the website seams to be gone...

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Just to clarify John, that grillo9 person downloaded a rom but it's format is .ecm instead of the usual ISO format.
    So the emulator can't get it to work.

The link msg gave teaches you on how to extract the ISO from the .ecm file.
    Like Loony said, the .ecm is a compression format.

11. Jhon 591

I see many thanks!