1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Castlvania And Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sf1215, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

What is the order of theses games on which system and which are the best.

2. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

FF uses numbers. Like 1,2,3. 7 and 10 are the best I think. But 7 is wayy better.

Castlevania
    Vampire Killer
    CV2: Simon's Quest
    Haunted Castle
    CV:The Adventure
    CV3: Darcula's Curse
    CV:Belmont's Revenge
    Super CV 4
    CV:Bloodlines
    CV:Dracula X
    CV:Symphony of the Night
    CV:Legends
    CV:Legacy of Darkness
    CV:Circle of Moon
    CV:Harmony of Dissonance
    CV:Dawn of Sorrow
    CV:portrait of Ruin
    CV:Order of Ecclessia
    *copy paste

If you have own a DS and a r4, play all three of them, they all rock. and you can use lameboy and SNES emulator for ds too. If no r4, just buy Ecclessia.
    No matter what, SotN is the best CV.

3. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

which are on which system

4. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

I know that the last three are for ds. I personally found order of ecclesia to be the best

5. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

what about final fantasy

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

1986 Castlevania is on NES, Commodore 64, Amiga, and Arcade

1986 Vampire Killer is on MSX home computers

1988 Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is on NES

1988 Haunted Castle is Arcade

1989 The Castlevania Adventure is on Gameboy

1990 Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse is on NES

1991 Super Castlevania IV is on SNES

1991 Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge is on Gameboy

1993 Akumajo Dracula (JPN) is on SharpX68000

1993 Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo is on PC Engine Super CD-ROM

1994 Castlevania: Bloodlines/[The New Generation] US [EU] is on Sega Genesis [Megadrive]

1995 Castlevania Dracula X/ [Vampires Kiss] US [EU] is on SNES [Super Famicom] (watered down port of Chi no Rondo)

1997 Castlevania Symphony of the Night is on Playstation 1 also Sega Saturn but its JPN only (Sequel to Chi no Rondo)

1998 Castlevania Legends is on Gameboy

1999 Castlevania is on Nintendo 64

1999 Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is on Nintendo 64

2001 Castlevania Chronicles is on Playstation (Port of Akumajo Dracula is on SharpX68000 just better graphics)

2001 Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is on Gameboy Advance

2002 Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is on Gameboy Advance

2005 Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is on Gameboy Advance

2003 Castlevania: Lament of Innocence is on Playstation 2

2005 Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is on Nintendo DS (Sequel to Aria of Sorrow on Gameboy Advance)

2005 Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is on Playstation 2 and XBOX

2006 Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is on Nintendo DS

2007 Castlevania: Order of Shadows is on Mobile Phones

2007 Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is on PSP (port of Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo and Symphony of the Night)

2008 Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is on Nintendo DS

2008 Castlevania: Judgment is on Nintendo Wii (Fighting game)

2010 Castlevania: Lords of Shadows will be on Playstation 3 and XBOX 360

[edit]

Final Fantasy is a bit harder to explain due to the originals being on two diffrent systems and the numbers are not always right but its easier to just follow the numbers. but be aware there have been a lot of ports of the first 6 games.

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The first game of FF for the US/EU(I'm not sure which one) are FFIII(the characters are Locke, Terra, etc.), and If I remember correctly, the this is the 6th game for Japanese version.

(correct me if I'm wrong ;D)

8. sf1215

sf1215 Well-Known Member

thank you that really helped

9. MadmanNero

Re: Castlvania And Final Fantasy(And now top ten ds games)

You are correct!

I found this instead of typing myself to death and confusing everyone and should explain things alot better than I did with the Castlevania list.

http://www.thefinalfantasy.com/games/

10. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Wrong. The first Final Fantasy for the US was the first one. Final Fantasy 2 US is Final Fantasy 4 JP. Final Fantasy 3 US is Final Fantasy 6 JP. From there, Square got their head out of their ass and they've been identical ever since.

Starting with the GBA and DS, they've retconned and cleared things up for the US audience by giving us Dawn of Souls and FF4 and 6 on the GBA, and 3, 4, and 5 on the DS.

Now, on to my opinions...

FF4(Advance) is the only Final Fantasy I've enjoyed enough to play for more than a few hours. I can't explain it. I don't even really like ATB much, but there's a certain charm FF4 has that none of the others have.

Castlevania's a whole different story, though. <3 that series. Depending on how masochistic you're feeling, you might want to look into Castlevania Rondo of Blood (which is Japanese only) or Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP. I don't care much for the classic series aside from Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest.

Symphony of the Night is what propeled Castlevania from "classic, hard series" to "badass, less hard, more aesthetically pleasing series". As such, Symphony of the Night deserves a playthrough by _everyone_. I wouldn't call it the best, though it definitely helped pioneer the genre, 3 years after Super Metroid.

All of the 2-D CVs after SotN are good in SOME way. Except Harmony. That game sucked. I can't find it in myself to enjoy it. Juste is a cheap ripoff of Alucard, and even the areas of the castle try to mimic SotN. I don't get why they tried so hard with that game. The colors are also too bright (they made HoD brighter because fans complained about the darkness of Circle of the Moon).

Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow are probably the best all-around. The main problem is that there are so many souls, and many of them are useless. The item crafting in Dawn of Sorrow kinda sucked, too. It encouraged just beating the shit out of enemies to get souls and upgrade.

Portrait of Ruin was a little better about it, but instead you had to 'train' your Up+B moves. In hindsight, the game was a little lazy by reusing areas. Bad form there, Konami.

Order of Ecclesia is badass. It's got difficulty, it's got varied terrain, it's got neat moves and a unique concept. Shanoa is also the best female lead in CV.

If I only had one game to propose that would give the player the best feel of Castlevania... it'd be Order of Ecclesia. They really nailed it. SotN is a runner up, with the Sorrow games pretty much right behind. Circle of the Moon is also pretty good. The rest are meh.

11. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Okay I changed my mind.
    Get Dracula X Chronicles for psp.
    Includes re-make of Rondo of Blood, awesome graphics and videos or so...
    And includes original RoB also...

SotN! I ordered it 10 minutes ago and its going to be super tee duper!
    and I agree with xelados' thoughts. Only I would say SotN comes first, then OoE then Rondo of blood.

12. MadmanNero

I was speed reading again and I seen nova say Final Fantasy III us is Final Fantasy VI JPN...that part I was saying he was correct on, I gave up trying to straighten it all out thats why I posted the link.