1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, Save Data Corrupt

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by glenn.rieck, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn.rieck

glenn.rieck New Member

I just recieved my Acekard 2 today, and besides the normal problems to expect (my Prof. Layton game won't load my save from earlier, finally got my Dawn of Sorrow to load a save) I have one big one with a game I've been Extremely looking forward to (ever since I used to own it, was the first Castlevania I ever beat)

Whenever I start it up it says ""save file corrupt, now deleting" or somesuch like "save data corrupt". The first time was the former, a message that kept repeating if you hit A, now it's just the latter with no repeat.

I checked other topics and although this problem was encountered it wasn't solved. The person suggested using AKAIO firmware instead of the actual Acekard, but that didn't help either.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Have you read this thread?
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. glenn.rieck

glenn.rieck New Member

Yes I did, nothing there helped either.

4. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Try using AKAIO with the Official loaders, I've heard that fixes some problems.

I'll look for a guide on how to do it.

5. glenn.rieck

glenn.rieck New Member

I did as it (it being the site that the Acekard site links to for getting the loader) said and put the AKAIO Loader into the loader folder, but after the screen saying the company/developer names it just goes to a black screen and stays that way.

6. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Portrait of Ruin (U) really has problems. Check the comments. I suggest using C:poR (E) instead of the (U) version.

7. glenn.rieck

glenn.rieck New Member

I am currently trying the (E) version, sadly the comments don't address this problem, only clarify that if it ever works it will be less buggy than the American version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.