1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cartridge Nintendo 3ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by jaimyinthahouse, Jun 18, 2010.

1. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

The cartridge of the nintendo 3DS is the same as the dsi and the ds lite! So maybe we can all play games with our cards! Would be great!
    Post Merge: [time]1276874401[/time]
    Can't wait!

2. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

I wouldnt get my hopes up though it might work... Wait does the same cartridge work for a dsi aswell as a ds lite?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hybrids like assassins creed work, but not the dedicated ones...not many of them.

4. greenfire

greenfire Well-Known Member

im not sure about using 3DS games on a regular DS or DSi doing that can screw up the DS or DSi, you would definently have to purchase the 3DS ($250) for the insane graphics you get on 3DS games!
    there will still be the issue of getting a 3DS rom to work especially for the Nintendo titles (which are alot and looking nice!)
    nintendo stated that there anti-pirate protection is at its best and is better than nds ones
    new flashcart may need to develop for the less famous games that dont get there share on anti-pirate protection (correct me if im wrong)

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

You most likely wont be able to emulate 3DS games on an NDS, so you will probably have to buy a 3DS and a new flashcard once it comes out, if it comes out. The top screen is bigger than the bottom one anyways on the 3DS anyways.

6. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

That isn't true, 3DS have a little notch so people won't insert them on their old DS's.

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/3dsg-353x300.jpg

7. greenfire

thats for the protection of a DS or DSi owner because 3DS games will be up to 2 Gigabytes and thats just the game! AP from what ive heard will be like nothing RomU has seen before so don't get them hopes high!
    Oh! and 3DS will cost $250 and each 3DS game may cost $50 (not sure about game so correct me if im wrong)

8. Kresn1k

Kresn1k Active Member

I think it is a little different from a nds cartridge, besides the notch in the top, I read somewhere it is a little "slim" or something.

9. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I found in a interview that the 3DS will have one auto-update systen.

Under normal conditions they gave a excuse that you could for ex, automatically download the News on your DS anytime you enter a hotspot.

But I am 100% sure thats because of the New AP system...

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You can turn that off (just like Wiiconnect24 on the Wii).

There's no word on pricing at all for the 3DS. And there's no word on piracy protection, I mean the thing's not even out yet, how could they protect themselves when it's not even out.

11. greenfire

first of all if you had seen E3?!?! they showcased it there! 3DS has a built-in gyro-scope, motion sensor, new processing unit, and the built-in 3D screen, you can even take 3D pictures through the use of 2 cameras in the front! Consumer comments about the handheld are already off charts!! And the line-up thats following 3DS!! Kid Icarus: Uprising being one of the FIRST!! (hell yeah!) The tech in 3DS surpasses Wii by at least 2 yrs. the price range would obviously be 240-250 bucks!!! (E3 just passed so dont go expecting the web to have this info!!) i got this info from gamespot i asked for the price someone sent me an email showing the price!!! Oh and i read on some interview from Iwata (president of Nintendo!!!) that the AP will be on almost every content provided!!! Besides the 3DS games will be up to 2G at least for the insane graphics you get!! not sure for the price of 3DS games

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Again, there's no announced price, and I had to look up the anti-piracy measures.

You're right about Iwata wanting every game having AP, although there's no way we can see how good it is. That and it'll be broken regardless so it doesn't really matter.

Unless there's a price given by Nintendo about the 3DS or a retailer showing off the legit price tag (in which case, the retailer NOT estimating the price), then it's rumor and speculative. There's no announced price, thus there's no price as of yet.

13. greenfire

true but DSi release was near 190 bucks when it was released (my bro bought it about 2 months after release and it was 160 there.) so at least we can infer that it will be more than that. i really hope nintendo removes the motion sensor because that could really mess up the 3D if not utilized correctly. this in turn may lower the price to what we think this is. but to me it may be $200 or $250 but if its more, ugh i would have to do some serious thinkin.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

We can 'infer' as much as we want, it's still not a solid price so it's anyone's guess.

15. greenfire

of course duh!! :) sorry if that felt offensive....

16. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

OH EM JEE!!! Really?!!??!?!?!?!?! Of course it won't work. That's like trying to play a Wii game on the GC (even if you ignore the fact that the disc wouldn't fit).