1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Car Accidents and You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PeachMilk, Jul 25, 2010.

1. PeachMilk

PeachMilk Well-Known Member

Earlier today I experienced my first car accident. I went for a ride with my brother to break my 42 day streak of not leaving the house.

We were about to turn around to drive home, then BAM.

An older gentlemen driving a funeral van with a casket in it rammed right into us, sending us into a telephone pole.

Picture 1
    ( I'll add more later, since there are difficulties receiving the rest of pictures )

The old man had to go to the hospital, and has apparently been in two previous car accidents.

In the end, the back of the car is just fucked, as you can see. No more car for us anymore.

- - - - -

I must say that was one of the most terrifying moments I've experienced. Not to mention how true it is that people really enjoy their car accidents. They were gathering outside as if a carnival was going on.

So RomU community have you ever been in a car accident? Or for the sake of letting this live for a little bit: what's the worst accident you've seen on the road?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Near accidents, 4 of my own fault, one as a passanger...

Passenger incident.

Been driven back to a friends place on a freeway when a car in front of us did a 360 in the middle of it, driver just avoided it...
    This was back when had a slow response time so I would of been dead if I was driving, let alone knowing had bad it was as a passenger...

One incident where I was turning out of a t-intersection when a truck came around...18 wheeler, needed THE ENTIRE THING!
    Millimeter off my car, I stopped in the middle of the road screaming...for my car, yeah i care about the car more than myself...

The remaining 3 was me being an idiot, 3 round abouts, me spinning out...

-First time as a probationary driver, doing 40 doing a right turn after it rained, lucky no one was around as my car went side ways

-Second time as I was leaving for a job interview (and running late) same thing, different round about, busy with other cars...millimeters away from hitting a street sign, and the entire thing I was calm as I countered steered the drift...with one arm and pumping the gas, after that i vowed to be more careful...

-Third time It was past midnight, decided to do 60km's in a round about going straight...another car along side me...well it was 2 lanes and i was in the right lane...which needed some turning effort...road was wet, did a 360 and I was in fear because as I was spinning I remembered the other car...he turned thankfully...and I stopped in the middle of the road.

The smell of burning tires is still in my mind.

And yes I shouldn't be on the road, but hay-blame the law for allowing it legally.

(Wow peach, just don't let this put you off from going out :( )

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Never. I am the perfect driver.

4. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I have seen two car accidents and both the driver who is at fault has a stunned face which I liked to laugh at for some reason ;D

5. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

But you're always drunk.

I once saw a man in a bicycle get rammed over by a car. He flew and hit a really tall pole. He then just got up and continued cycling. I could have sworn I saw ET for a second.

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I've been in one accident, and it was my fault back in my teens being stupid by driving like a bat out of hell on a gravel road eventually lost control and hit a tree head on and totaled the car out,

knocked me clean out my friend that was with me explained what had happened after I came too and my head was clear I think he actually dragged me out of the car. Hell thats been over 16 years

ago so I've done pretty good since then.

7. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

I was in a very minor accident ages ago.
    My Dad was taking my sister and I to our Mom's place early in the morning, it was about fall, or winter, so the mornings are darker, anyways, my Dad preemptively turned, and ended up going into the ditch, which has no barriers or reflectors, or any sort of waring near it (This is a pretty fucking deep ditch too). Everything was OK though, the car got a minor dent, and some sort of plastic piece broke off the bottom, but it didn't do anything apparently.

8. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just recently I was driving this hearse and happened to ram some white sedan. I had to go to hospital, but it was totally worth it... suckers.

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

When i was too young to even drive i bought a car and took it out and crashed into a tree at 60mph, broke my brothers leg and got my non existant licence taken away for 3 months.
    Totally wrecked my car :(

I was in a truck with my dad when i was young and the brakes failed coming down the french side of mont blanc, we had to run into one of them emergency sandpits, that was pretty scary, not really an accident but close.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

minor crash coming home from the cinema on my birthday one year, it was dark and the car skidded on black ice and went into a wall.

11. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

when I was young, my dad was driving to my grandma's house. Highway was slippery. He lost control and the car rolled over. Nothing happened to me, my sister, my mom or my cousin. My dad had a exposed fracture in his arm.

The car was one of these old Passats, XD

12. Reider

Reider Modereider

^This basically.

13. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

^ Me too.

14. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

in soviet russia a car had an accident in me

15. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I've come very close to being in an accident. Was getting pumpkins for Halloween some odd number of years ago, and along the way, someone who thought they could talk on a cellphone, do whatever else, and focus on the road at the same time. They crashed into one car (hard), skidded into another, and the car that got hit hard skidded with in inches of the car I was in. It wasn't exactly going slow either. If it had connected, the car surely would have been totaled with injuries of some sort.

That is pretty much as close as I've gotten to a car accident.

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

You're not old enough to drive...

17. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

I own at riding my bycicle speling it is an other challange.

18. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Ooh. I was in China, where they ride bicycles in the streets along with the cars. I was in a bus and someone crashed into the side of the bus on a bicycle and shattered the window I was sitting next to. A piece fell on my foot and I still have a scar.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I fucking hate bikes...I lost my front right tooth to one... =\
    Flipped over my bike and smacked my face in the concrete. I have a permanent replacement now, but it still feels weird and I can feel the metal anchor in my fucking bones...

But anyways...I have never been in an accident, but I have been near one and certainly the cause, but got off clean.

It was wet, and some jack braked too fast. I was sliding and had to go into a ditch (not that steep) and the girl behind me went into the middle of the road and hit an oncoming pickup truck. She was ok, but I felt bad. Found out later that it was a person I went to high school with. :p

20. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

I've had a few minor accidents, like skidding off the road in the snow, and hitting a guy because he slammed his brakes, and my brakes were in real bad shape.
    But the worst was when i was about 16 yrs old.
    I was riding a bicycle to work, and everyday i stopped at a stop sign, and no cars would ever come.
    I guess you can tell, the one day i didn't stop, WHAM!
    I only remember being in the ambulance, but apparently, the car's right front tire hit my bike's front tire, which bended completely, making the bike crash against the side of the car.At which point i flew off the bike and broke the rear window with the back of my head.
    The force of my head breaking the glass made my three top front teeth come out.
    They just came out, did not brake.Someone found them later by the side of the road and gave them to me.They had the roots and everything.Pretty long suckers.
    Yeah, so i ended in the hospital with a cranial trauma and no front teeth.
    ace101, i see you just posted about loosing a tooth, well i beat you on that, lol...