1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't transfer from Pokemon HG on Ak2i w/AKAIO 1.8.1 on original Pokemon Black!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xalfrea, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

So I've reached that point in the game where I can transfer Celebi and the Shiny Beasts to unlock the Zorua/Zoroark events. Typed in the words, unlocked the Relocator option.

Turn on my other DS that has the HG rom, activate DS Download Play, recognize, download, wait...

"The game card cannot be recognized by the Relocator"

FFFFFFFFF....

Is there a way to get around this? Granted I don't need to do it now since I already have a Zorura through egg trade, but what about when I beat the Elite Four and fully get the ability to transfer what then?

Was this issue fixed for the Japanese roms? Will downloading AKAIO 1.8.6 help? Is there a way for it to be accessed from the main AK2i menu? It SUCKS that I go through all that work in HG for freaking NOTHING!

2. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

unfortunately ROMs can't do DS download play

This was either geniusly devised, taken into consideration, and put into action by Nintendo to prevent transferring

Or just another coincidental failure by hackers

P.S. No DS ROM can download play

3. Xalfrea

Really? Huh. Then I wonder why when I check the settings of the roms, there's an option for "enable" DS Download Play.

Knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was an attempt to hinder rom transfers.

4. 1up010

1up010 New Member

What are you talking about? I can Download Play with any ROM that allows it. I use a Cyclods, if that makes a difference to you.

EDIT: I recommend looking on your card maker's website or forums, they might have a workaround for you.

5. Xalfrea

Wait, so cyclods can have transferability?

I checked the AK2i website, nothing whatsover regarding this issue. Looks like I may need to cave in and get an original cart, of a gen I don't even play anymore.

Bull...

6. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

what about the auto-load the last rom feature, would this work when doing the download play function behind it

also, i would have to check but i think the SCDS2 has some function behind it

7. Xalfrea

Checked card, there's no auto load rom.

The issue seems to be fact that at the DS main menu, it shows Acekard 2i in the DS slot information. If somehow the rom itself can be recognized, then hopefully it'll work.

Really I'm surprised no one attempted to try to bypass this. For players of Gen IV moving on to Gen V, this is a really big issue.

8. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

i don't think roms can do the ds download play for the relocator, good thing i had my old pokemon diamond game ^_^

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

acekard 2i can do download play. maybe its some ap kicking in, so try switching to 1.8.6a

10. sylar1000

i meant the specific ds download play that requires a rertail pokemon game for the relocator, not download play in general

11. Xalfrea

I'm under the impression that roms on Ak2i can SEND out DS Download Play, but it can't work the other way around.

Looks like I got no choice then. Gonna have to cave in and get an original Platinum cart. What really pisses me off is outside of migrating, what else will I have use for it?

12. sylar1000

the roms can send it out, i sent it with my pokemon black rom and received it with my legit diamond

13. Xalfrea

Well yeah, but when I have an original Pokemon Black trying to send out to the HG rom, it doesn't work.

14. sylar1000

Which sucks, all you can really do is either try and get a zoroa egg, or buy an older game, no clue if heart gold can even send it to D/P/P, might be easier just to go for a zorua egg

15. Xalfrea

Oh actually I already did get a Zorua egg early on, one that knows the move Snarl thanks to breeding the Japanese event Zoroark from my Japanese White rom. So for now I can continue onward without it.

But what I'm really worried about is AFTER the Elite Four when I can start really transferring all my other stuff like past legendaries, starters, etc.

16. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Oh is that what D-Play stands for? Lol I just keep turning that on and off thinking it is an additional thing for cheats... I feel so stupid

17. Xalfrea

No one has still found a fix for this? I can get that transferring from an original Gen IV cart to a Gen V rom works, but it can't be the other way around? A Gen IV rom can't transfer to a Gen V rom/original cart?

There's gotta be a fix for this, since I'm about to reach the Elite Four. I'm really trying to avoid getting an original Gen IV cart since after I use it for transferring, I have no more use for it.