1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't trade between pokemon games

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by boyshiny, Aug 28, 2013.

1. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

Skip down to third post for details, this problem was solved :)

Hi there,

I own a 3DS R4i GOLD.cc Flashcard.

The other day I was experiencing some problems with pokemon Heart Gold (Freezing, can't find other games in union room) so I figured "what the hell, lets update everything".

I downloaded the Roms from this site, downloaded the latest firmware and kernel (via http://www.r4igold.cc/3ds_main.asp) and copied it all into a formatted Micro SD card.

When I went to test it out, the kernel loaded, but upon loading a game, it froze at loading or at a white screen.

SO I tried different woodr4 kernels, all the latest ones (and some earlier) and had no luck. It either froze upon opening the r4 card or froze at opening a game.

Where do I go from here?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Re: 3DS R4iGOLD Freezing/not loading. Roms not loading.

Either you'd installed wrong kernel for your R4 from the site or you need to patch the rom.
    As for WOOD R4, your cart ain't supported.

From here, you could either go recheck in case you made mistake, or go bang your head if still unfixable. :p

3. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

Re: 3DS R4iGOLD Freezing/not loading. Roms not loading.

Thanks :) I banged my head and it worked... Maybe it felt sorry for me :D

I made sure I installed it right - I've owned these things for years, just never had problems, this is the first time I've used this brand... well not really, I had it last year but I let my brother borrow my ds. Since I've had so much free time lately, I jumped back in.

I just installed an older version of the kernel, everthing works fine. EXCEPT ONE LITTLE THING!!!

Okay, so I own 2 Nintendo Ds's. A DSi (Australian/NZ) and a 3DS (US). I own multiple copies of legit pokemon games, all Australian/nz versions (2 HG, 1 SS, 1 Plat, 1 Pearl, 1 Black) and two US versions (Black 2, SS). I also own the R4 card that has all the pokemon games x 2 (I copied them so I have multiples, all US versions).

Right now I'm trying to trade between my Legit HG (Aus/NZ) on my US 3DS to my R4 SS (US) on my DSi (Aus/NZ).

Neither character will show up in the union room, so I can't trade or battle.

How can I fix this???

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I think you need to make sure both are trying to connect via WIFI not IR, your R4 doesn't carry any IR ability, while your legit game cart has. The other thing is to make sure 1 device does the initial searching not both at the same time. Also you need to make sure that you've reached a point where you've access to trading cross game versions. Region isn't an issue since one of it is on an R4. As for newer games such as BW 1 and BW 2, make sure the GAME SYNC ID isn't the same when run on 2 separate devices.

5. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

That's weird. I've defininately done it before. Traded between Heart Gold and Soul Silver (Heart Gold was R4) and didn't need to worry about any restrictions. I use to do it almost daily. But at the time I had a DSi and a DS Lite.

If the R4 can't connect over IR, would I just connect over WIfi (I've never connected online on any ds). I'm going to guess that I have to time it right (I usually just do it at the same time) or I need to get to the right point (One game is complete, the other is just finished badge#1, had previously tried with a character half way through though)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You don't have a choice. Certain features use IR, other features use wifi, you can't choose which form of connectivity to use for any given feature.

7. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

I connected both DS's online and now it works :D
    I found out my DSi was connected to a random network previous network, which probably caused the problem.