1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't run Lameboy on Flashed DS w/m3 perfect microsd

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by personuser, Jun 6, 2010.

1. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Whenever I try to run Lameboy with this card it just blackscreens.
    I've tried near EVERYTHING (dldi, no dldi, "lameboy" folder, etc.)
    Does anybody know how to get it to run?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Try reformatting your Micro SD Card and backing up your files before you do so.

3. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

Just use Goomba/Goomba Colour. Lameboy is just a port of Goomba/Colour anyways. Why not play it in GBA mode?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh...if it's a GBA flashcart, just use Goomba Color like the user above stated.
    http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

5. personuser

I know bout Goomba Color - I use it ,and it's pretty dang good. But only for color games tho, goomba for regular cause in goomba the savestates aren't broken and building games into 2 separate emulators gives me more space for roms (there's a 32 mb limit for .gba files with m3 perfect).

The reasons I'd like to at least TRY lameboy is the screen scaling as of 0.12. AND The fact that It uses DLDI, which means no 32mb limit. (And I CAN run other DLDI stuff, like snemulds, jenesis, neods...)
    As for the size, It just feels so weird playing a 1 inch game on a 3 inch screen.
    And yes, I know about the no border option, but often the graphics beyond the border are wildly inaccurate. I Have found a seldom few that actually work (pocket bomberman and...well, pocket bomberman).

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Lameboy is only for GB/GBC emulation. It isn't going to help you when it comes to GBA rom size issues. Also, I had a hard time getting Lameboy to work properly, and it is still a bit of a chore. I honestly don't like it very much. It is the best I'm going to get though for GB/GBC emulation on my DS though.

7. personuser

Nonono, I don't think you get what I'm talking about.

When GOOMBA and GOOMBA COLOR, which act like GBA GAMES, are stuffed with roms, They grow in size. Once they grow over 32mb, the M3 can't load them because it was not programmed to. No commercial GBA cart is larger than 32mb.

LAMEBOY Acts as a DS GAME, and even If I PACKED IT WITH ROMS I could load Up to 256mb, the biggest DS game size. If I DLDI'd it, I could throw the GB goodset on the cart and it'd load all of em.

I UNDERSTAND it's hard, believe me. But I'd at least like to try once to see if it's worth it.

Also, I know lameboy only does GB/GBC. Why would I emulate GBA games when I have a slot2 card?

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You could probably just stuff some games into one GOOMBA Color rom and the rest in another?

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I see what you mean about the size issue.

If this ends up falling under bad, couldn't you just put multiple copies of Goomba and Goomba Color on the cart and then load down each one separately?

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah. :p

That's the only way I see anything happening with this.

11. personuser

Hmm...do you mean multiboot? I don't know if my card can do that :p.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No.

Make different GOOMBA rom images under the 32MB limit.

13. personuser

I already do. I've got 32mb in a goomba image and 32 mb in a goomba color image. There's about 175 ROMs in the goomba image. There's about 12 in the goomba color.

If I actually tried to get all the games I wanted onto goomba color ROMs, I'd have at least 10 seperate ones to run.

Did I also mention that M3s forget how to quickload ROMs over 16mb, so it takes about 1-2 Minutes to get a goomba pack running. Imagine waiting that long just to find, "oops, it's in another pack".

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Wow...that sucks. :p

I have an EZ Flash IV. That's pretty good.

Are there any firmware fixes for it?

15. personuser

Not that I know of. I currently run v35, but v36 is out...but only in Chinese, and It only makes DPG videos run better.

So, to restate the first post, can I get lameboy running?

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure still.
    There seems to be a lot of trouble with this emulator on the M3 perfect for a LOT of people.

17. personuser

Well, then. It's not just me.

Actually, M3wiki (which, though outdated, is an absolute GODSEND to old m3 users like me, as it has compatibility lists and game manager settings for EVERY DS rom up to 3k and most good games 4k+) says 0.9 runs, but it doesn't have a lot of the features of 0.12, and bad compatibility, making it pretty useless.

M3wiki's down right now. No clue why.

EDIT: I forgot to say I tried 0.9 once. Crashed same as 0.12. Maybe something to do with flashing or a passcard? I got flashme and an official mario 64 DS cart in the top slot.

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

So...did you actually Flash your DS with FlashMe?...or are you using PassMe?

19. personuser

When I bought it it didn't come with a passme and was already flashed and preloaded with some DS games (and it had mario 64 in the top slot).

Actually bought my DS with a flashcard by accident off ebay in 2007. Figured out I could use other cards/change games 2 months ago.

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I mean FlashMe - http://home.comcast.net/~olimar/flashme/

And the Wiki - http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/FlashMe