1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't run EBOOT files on PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by buchichu, Nov 27, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

The games appear to be there but when I try to run them I get the same string of Japanese text followed by the error 80010087 game cannot be started. This is on ver 6.60

I also JUST got this PSP yesterday so I'm a total noob at this. :-\

Post Merge: [time]1322402452[/time]
    Edit: in looking it up it may have something to do with running the UMD in ISO mode but I have no idea how to accomplish this
    Post Merge: [time]1322403342[/time]
    Edit #2: I guess I have to get to the recovery menu but I dontknow now how. Note: turning on the system while holding R does NOT work.
    Post Merge: [time]1322404513[/time]
    SIGH okay, edit like a million: so apparently this "recover menu" is custom software? I was under the impression with these "signed" EBOOT files I could just play them straight without the need for custom anything or any hacking ( http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=57209.0 ) so why won't they work?
    Post Merge: [time]1322426224[/time]
    final update: apparently the 6.60 update is the issue. It's a shame no one ON THE ENTIRE GODDAMN INTERNET was aware of this other than some tiny message board I happened to stumble upon. Jesus Christ. So I had to use a utility to downgrade. What a pain in the ass.

2. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Re: Can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t run EBOOT files on PSP

Okay sorry i took so long, i havnt been verry active, Finalizing University work and all.

Believe me, im a total noob with this also, but listen you have FIRMWARE 6.30, it seems asentual that you run on 6.31 or higer, so look for an update for you psp,

Quete from my thread

"These are confirmed on PSP firmware 6.31 and above.
    Not sure about lower firmware

I am going to post Psp E-Boots here- there all over the internet and you have to look for hours to actually get anything! so im going to post here all the Signed PSP E-boots i can find on the internet
    right here in our Romulation Forum!
    "

like i said, im not sure about lower firmware, everything worked fine for me with firmware 6.31

LOL, seems your out by just 0.01

Post Merge: [time]1322466999[/time]
    i have downloaded and played some of the games myself, and they all work

Did you make sure you pasted them in the right place? You have to place them in the folder PSP and then in that folder there will be another folder game place it in there. so its PSP/game
    Post Merge: [time]1322482518[/time]
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Okay i did a looooong search! its confirmed, you DO need:

FIRMWARE 6.31

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Just hack your psp...

4. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Akane if you can set up a STEP by STEP guide- that would be great!
    Dont redirect, i want you to type it. i want to play Kingdom hearts! LOL

5. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Re: Can\'t run EBOOT files on PSP

The problem was version 6.60 - obviously higher than 6.31 and as far as I know is the most recent update.

And Akane, if you can provide a step-by-step, with links to trusted places where we can obtain the software needed I might consider it. But I really don't want to hack, I want to do this on ofw. I wish it were as simple as pirating DS games so this is the best option for me: signed EBOOT.pbp files.

Post Merge: [time]1322496386[/time]
    Okay, yeah, so we're talking about the same thing here. Do you not upgrade your firmware? Without upgrading you cant go online and you can't play the official downloaded games, for example, I bought Chrono Cross before I had the PSP so I have it for my PS3 and PSP. With the downgraded version I ca play the signed eboots but I get a copyright error on Chrono Cross.

One literally has to upgrade and downgrade to bounce between official and pirated games. Stupid Sony. The couldn't just leave well enough alone and work on their damn Vita? Grrrr

6. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Re: Can\'t run EBOOT files on PSP

buchichu all you need is to hack your psp via CFW, i am sure that there are for higher firmwares than 6.30 (i am running 6.39 pro B-7) since the psp keys have been launched, not a lot of stuff is unhackable, to run to the perfection games, you need POPSLOADER (google it) and you need a pack of the Official firmwares to run your eboots, some games need a specific firmwares (you need to select a pops firmware all you do is select the game and press the L Button and a menu with the firmwares you are able to use) in order to get the firmwares you need you also will neeed to google PSARDUMPER and a specific website: http://freeplay.halfmoon.ws/fw/updates/ every firmwares is there, i will try to upload a package with all the firmwares already pre dumped, for extra info seek a YT vid that has a link for said site, it has most firmwares and the popcorn.prx file.

After you get one of the Firmrware file rename it to EBOOT.pbp, put it on the root of your memstick run PSAR dumper and press square it will dump the firmware as a whole and place it on your root as a folder named F0.

I will try to make an upload of the firmwares that i have palced so far and .txt that helps me to know which file to place.
    Post Merge: [time]1322603675[/time]
    and a few 2 CD games wont run properly you need to make a special eboot, for CC, PE and MGS, basically any game that wont allow you save between discs.