1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cant "run".bin game

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by reganomics, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reganomics

reganomics New Member

i have a deamon tools, an the file image works. its mounted on a virtual drive. i cant get the game to run though, i can explore an i done see an app file, there are a a bunch of : str,bin,rfs,speed dial, an WDL files. is there a way i can get this to work.
    im running XP Ser.pack 2.
    this is a legitimate game, not a back up.( cd drive pulls slow, so im attempting the vitual drive solution)
    thanks

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if this is a playstation game you need ePSXe configured and you use the 'run CD' option

3. reganomics

reganomics New Member

its actualy a Pc game.
    its MAgic the gathering battlemage

4. Loonylion

you need to install it then

5. reganomics

reganomics New Member

thats just it , i dont know, or it wont read which on is the install

6. Loonylion

is there an 'autorun.inf' file?

7. reganomics

reganomics New Member

no there is not. game is from 96-97.

8. Loonylion

my best guess is you're missing the install disc.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Is there a setup.exe file on the disc?

Also, being that it is a mid 90s game, it was probably a 16bit game built for Windows 98. Which means even if you found the Setup or Install file you'd have to jump through hoops to get it to install probably on Windows XP (a 32 bit system).

A lot of the times you have to install the game while your PC is running in Safe Mode. I had to do that with Septerra Core and Final Fantasy 8.

10. Sacker

Sacker Well-Known Member

I used to use this a long long time ago , this should work for your problems.. http://www.patches-scrolls.de/magic_the_gathering.php I used Manalink 1.3 and the unofficial 1.32 , read the instructions and everything should work on your XP.

And your resolution should be set in low reso's.

I havent played it since Xp-Sp2 eras... might want to chk out slysofts "virtual clone" it now supports daemon

everything you ever wanted to know about Manalinks... http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=25 ... ... 2.0 supposedly fixes the 1.32 though I won't know since I used 1.32 back in the day.

Original game was bugged out in the installer.exe/setup.exe... then microprose released manalinks... to fix it. (win95 version)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.