1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't play ROMS on my DS, but it works on No$GBA

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by boring-li, Aug 4, 2012.

1. boring-li

boring-li New Member

Im having an Edge card that I bought roughly 3-4 years ago, using it on a Nintendo DS Lite. I have always used it and it's works perfectly for me but recently it suddenly stopped working when I get new games.

For example, last year I played one Pokemon game. I deleted that game and recently I downloaded the same one. I checked it on No$GBA and it works. I put it into the Edge card and it either gets stuck at the " Loading " part or it turns black and freezes.

My previous games I saved from before this happens still works fine on my DS. Now every time I download a new game, it works for emulators but not on my NDS lite. Help please? :S

2. megadarks

megadarks Well-Known Member

ummm i am not sure but try to update to the latest R4 i think its called Wood R4 try to get the latest of that >.>

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wood doesn't work on edge.

4. boring-li

boring-li New Member

Urmm well I just only found this website, r4dscards and I have some questions.

1. is it possible to buy another microSD card to use in the Edge adapter? Or do I HAVE to buy it from a game store?

2. If I were to get the latest kernel, is it safe for me to use my only MicroSD card and remove the previous Edge programs on it?

3. The website has some software download page for r4, but how do I choose the correct one? I don't know which kernel to download.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

EDGE is not R4, so don't bother trying to add any R4 related files into the EDGE.
    If you want to update EDGE, use the files provide by your cart's official website. Back up your SD content to a folder in your PC before following their instructions. But, because EDGE is no longer getting any update/support from EDGE team as they had stopped for quite sometime. Its better to buy a new flash cartridge such as Acekard 2i or whatever brand you know still getting updates from the official team.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Wow last update for edge was - v2.3 (6/4/2011)

If only they would release there tools to edit these files !lol

EDGE Official Website: http://www.edge-ds.cn/

7. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

or you could stick to the emulator :p but yeah just get a new cartridge or try lookin for patched roms

8. boring-li

boring-li New Member

What are patched roms? I've seen it around but I never know what is it for...