1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't make additions to R4-III?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maggie.q, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggie.q

maggie.q New Member

I recently got an R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS card to use with my DS lite, and all the games I used were working fine. But now when I try to add new games to the micro-SD card, they don't appear on the game menu. Even when I press select and go to the files menu (rather than the games-only menu), the new games don't show, but when I connect the card back to my laptop the new game files that I tried to add are there. It's just that they're not appearing on my DS so I can't play them. :(

I tried putting them in a different folder but that didnt make any difference. The folder didn't show up.

I also tried deleting a game, and that worked. BUT when I try to add it back to my games list it doesn't show. So I don't think it's a problem with the roms...

I'm using the 3.11 kernal downloaded from www.dsiii.net, if that's important...

Does anyone know how to fix this? :(

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Read the Common issues:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

sounds like you need to format your microSD card, back up your files on your microSD 1st, see if this works

4. maggie.q

maggie.q New Member

Kiekoes - I've already read the common issues thread, it doesn't really apply/I've tried it already.

funguy - I formatted it right before putting the 3.11 kernal and adding my intital batch of games. I guess I could try again, but for some reason some of the save files don't show up on my computer when I connect the microSD... For example, I started playing Zelda but when I connect the card no .sav file for it appears, but then if I try to play it again my game starts from where I left off, so the saving IS working. So I don't know how to back up my saved games if the .sav files don't show... T__T

5. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

ok, sounds kinda weird, if you formatted earlier, then formatting again would probably not do anything,

you may need to enable the show hidden files option, that's the only other option i can think of, are you using XP or Vista?

6. maggie.q

maggie.q New Member

I'm using Vista. How do I enable the show hidden files option?

*EDIT*

I figured out how to show the hidden files but that didn't make any difference. So I reformatted the card anyway after backing up the games that I could~ And the problem is now resolved. :)
    Thanks for helping, funguy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.