1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't load Breath of fire IV

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Zee_Cross90, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zee_Cross90

Zee_Cross90 Member

I need help!When I extracting the .cue file and the .bin file of this archive,then load it (or mount it)there is an error message saying can't load the file...or something like that.I've been using daemon tools,alcohol 120% and also Nero 7(as i think burning it to the CD might be the trick) but still the same.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can you mention what emulator your using?

And what exactly is the error message?

If your epsxe, you can load it through the emulator it's self-I only link it with those iso programs when epsxe fails.

3. Zee_Cross90

Zee_Cross90 Member

This is what I got when I try to Mount it using alcohol 120%
    "File not accessible"
    And when I'm using the Nero 7(try to burn it);
    -"Can't open the file <file location>". Then it says
    -"An error occurred while loading the .cue sheet file
    '<file location>'
    (line 1)"
    And for the emulator, I can't use the emulator,it is not compatible with the OS I'm using(Vista).
    I'm using connextix VGS.Also, I already try to use ePSXe 160 but it says missing format and cannot render file(actually I don't know much about this emulator).I also have the AdrilPSX ILE Edition 1-0-5, but weird thing happen to my OS, it hang for a while then it shut down itself :eek:.
    My friends ask me to use PSX 1.5 but I can't open the program(maybe because it is very old program)....phew....

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I use 1.2.0 of that emulator on my vista laptop-so age isn't the issue.

Do you have all the required files for it to run?

Bios-plugins, etc...

All those other emu's are dead dude-epsxe is universally the BEST.

Only 3 games do not work well-and those 3 aren't much.

...but you mentioned that nero is failing to read it...

What are the files sizes of te image (the iso) data?

Is it matching with what the site say's it should be-small chance but may be download corruption-may need re download.

Before thinking that check you have the files for epsxe-and check the game's TOTAL file size.

5. Zee_Cross90

Zee_Cross90 Member

Well...the file actually is not .iso but .cue and .bin.I've checked the file size and it is the correct size.
    I've already download it twice,still the same.For the ePSXe,maybe because it is outdated :p,or some missing file.If that the case I'll try to download it again.But my friends here recommended me to use psx v1.5 because it is user friendly...I don' know... mine can't be use(maybe the file missing as you say).Do you have the download link for that emulator?Just in case,two emulator might be useful.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Re: Can\'t load Breath of fire IV

Actually epsxe is the latest emulator to be updated-1.7.0 is quite friendly and I should know :)

1.5.0 has more compatibility with certain square soft made games.

...hrm-strange how nero can't read the file...do you have the plugin's for epsxe and some bios?

List your setting for it-I can help-all I need is graphics and cd plugin-plus bios number.

or type-sound is not important until we get visual.
    Post Merge: [time]1252081997[/time]
    Ah yeah-I don't think nero can handle img files-I use "img burn" for my burning-it makes iso type files and burns them-pc-ps2-ps1 games came out sweet...

Sadly it doesn't have virtual drivers on board like 120%

7. Zee_Cross90

Zee_Cross90 Member

How do I do that...I don't know how to check the configuration(as I mention earlier,I'm not familiar with this emulator).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.