1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't get R4i card to work on DSI

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by calky00, Jun 2, 2010.

1. calky00

calky00 Member

My son has a DSI, and I have been trying for days to get games downloaded on his system. After putting the NDS file game on the micro sd and then placing it in the R4i card, the games start but, then freezes up after a few minutes into the game. I downloaded the kernel from the website given on the R4i box also. Can anyone help me, this is very frustrating and I know it doesn't have to be......I did get one game to work "Sea Tycoon" but, that's the only one.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. supermega_boy

supermega_boy Well-Known Member

First of all what kind of r4i did you get?

3. calky00

calky00 Member

R4 Gold R4i Revolution for DS (DSI/DSL/NDS)
    It's in a yellow/gold box

4. supermega_boy

mmmm ok... well then maybe you installed the firmware incorrectly or maybe you just need to format the Micro SD card. Just make a backup of the games and download the firmware again and format the MIcro SD card. Then put the downloaded firmware and the games into the card again... Hopefully that works... btw, what games are you trying to play... and can you put a link to the official site where you download the firmware?

5. calky00

calky00 Member

When you say format the Micro SD card, do you mean the quick format?
    Hasbro Family Game night
    Pokemon Soulsilver
    Bakugan
    Ironman 2
    Star Wars Battle Front Elite Squadron
    Lego Battles
    Lego Indiana Jones Adventure
    The site was r4ids.com
    Thanks for the help

6. supermega_boy

Well to format a SD card, you need to connect it to your PC, laptop, etc. then go to where the micro sd car is and then right click and click on "Format" and then clck "start" but make a backup of the games otherwise they will be deleted while the Sd card is formating... Now, many Nintendo DS games (especially the newer ones) have AP or Anti-Piracy system... That's why some people create patches or fixes to solve the AP. The APs can include random freezes, black screens, white screens, etc.
    In your case the only game that you have and that I know that has AP is Pokemon SoulSilver. The AP includes random freezes and black screens... A patch to solve this was already made... go here to get the patch and follow the instructions http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34997.0

The other games may have AP but like I said, I am not sure

7. calky00

calky00 Member

OK, I will try your suggestions. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! :)

8. supermega_boy

Well then good luck if you need more help you can always come to these forums to ask for help

9. calky00

calky00 Member

I reloaded firmware and reformatted micro sd, now I am downloading the patch. I've never used a patch before, what do I do when the patch is finished downloading?
    Thanks

10. supermega_boy

Ok the patch is only for Pokemon Soulsilver... After you download the ZIP or RAR file you will have to unpack it with WinRAR or whatever program you have then there will be 2 files a .exe program called Patch and a text file called "readme". Just read the "readme" and those are the instructions

11. calky00

calky00 Member

OK, it gave me a BAK.file. Is that correct?

12. supermega_boy

The BAK file is just a backup so it's useless and you may delete it. After that just put the .nds file into your micro sd card and you are done.

After patching it, the game should not freeze anymore

13. calky00

calky00 Member

The game starts and plays until you tap the screen or press any other button, and then it goes to white screen but, the games music is still playing.

14. supermega_boy

mmmm are you sure that you downloaded the SoulSIlver patch? because there is a HeartGold patch... and check out the list of the compatible of the games:

TTDS/TTDSi
    R4 [All Clones] Turn on Softreset
    M3 [All Versions]
    R4 SDHC [While Using YoshiFlips Kernel]
    N5

So I think that you must have the Soft Reset on

15. calky00

calky00 Member

I'm not sure what soft reset is, I'm very new at all this. However, I did download the SoulSilver that was from MediaFire. I kept getting an error page when I tried downloading it from MegaLoad. Is this the correct download?

16. sweetladytoo

sweetladytoo Active Member

Hi try this firm ware link below, it worked for me,
    I had problems when i first started out and this one worked fine for me after a few
    no starters on others....

http://www.ndsfirmware.com/firmware/R4_M3team.zip

hope it's of some help...

SL

17. calky00

calky00 Member

No, unfortunately that firmware did not work at all, just got loading screen and that's it. I have a question, does it matter what type of micro sd card that you use? Should it be just for game consoles or are they made for use in anything? Thanks for the help.