1. This forum is in read-only mode.

cant get dukes of hazzard to run on epsxe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by scottlynn, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottlynn

scottlynn Member

i have downloade the dukes of hazzard for psx but it wont play. all i get is a black screen. no music, voices, nothing. i am using epsxe as the emulator. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, scott

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

have you extracted it from the archive? If so, what version of ePSXe and what plugins are you using?

3. scottlynn

scottlynn Member

i extracted it and tried all 3 extensions (.bin, .img, & another i cant remember.) as far as the version and plugins, it the latest version with whatever plugins it came with.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

We need to know exactly what version and what plugins you are using.

The version is stored in the Help -> About menu. It will probably be 1.5.2, 1.6.0, or 1.7.0

The plugins are set in the config menu.

In order to properly use ePSXe you will need to keep track of your plugins and program versions.

5. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

Did another games works?and how did you run/load the iso?

6. scottlynn

scottlynn Member

i am using both versions 1.6 & 1.7 with petes opengl2 psx gpu plugin. most other games work. i play gauntlet, parasite eve, darkstone. just dukes of hazzard wont play. it goes to a black screen and freezes up. to load the iso i click load iso img. and load from the file the game is in.

7. vhiznu

vhiznu Well-Known Member

Seems like a video problem....have you try to use another video plugin?
    sometimes the old one work better :)

8. scottlynn

scottlynn Member

not yet. that was going to be the next move if i couldnt find help. i also downloaded a a different psx emu but get the same result. if the older plugins dont work, then maybe the iso is bad. i dont know. we'll see.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

also try ePSXe 1.5.2, different video plugins and settings. It is an unfortunate fact of PSX emulation that no one configuration works for all games. What CD plugin are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.