1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't get Bowser's Inside Story to work (freezes on fight begin)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dsnoob, Jan 7, 2016.

1. dsnoob

dsnoob New Member

Hello there,

I'm shortly before giving up here.

I have a R4I Gold 3Ds for my N3Ds, you know, that one here:

[​IMG]

The Rom I have is EU version, untouched. I have the current Wood 1.64 kernel from r4ids.cn on my card.
    I tried many things. I also tried a Xenophobia patched rom to no avail, I tried getting a new cheat database and activating AP fix, same result. I am around 1,5 hours into the game and when I start fights, the game randomly freezes. It's not clearly reproducable, it just randomly freezes on beginning fights.

Is there anything I can do? I already tried YSMenu, but it fails with some DLDI error.

Seriously, there must be anything to get that working, or not? Thanks!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

This game been fixed very long time ago. So it shouldn't be a problem running on Wood R4. Unless... you have activated too many cheats, which could in fact corrupt the save file or cause conflict with the AP-FIX already added into Wood R4. You could try downloading a new clean (unpatched) rom from different releases; e.g. if you're using the EU version, try the US version. We've it here in the main page. Make sure to delete the old save file, it could be corrupted, and avoid activating cheats or keep it to an absolute minimum.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  3. dsnoob

dsnoob New Member

I think I fixed it. Got a clean rom from somewhere else and reinstalled the wood kernel. It had an "backup fix" cheat in its usrchest, which seems to fix the problems. Was able to pass the places but didn't play any further now.

4. dsnoob

dsnoob New Member

Okay, it's me again.
    Turns out it wasn't fixed. Played for another hour or so without freezes, then next Bowser boss came (Broggy) = 3 freezes in a row. 4th try worked. Since then random freezes on Bowser fight starts again. I tried updating usrcheat.dat (by retrogamefan) - it has another cheat db for that game, but when I select AP Fix the game won't start at all anymore (just white screen freeze).

Can RTS/Ingame-Reset Hotkey also be a cause of that issue?

5. dsnoob

dsnoob New Member

Just wanted to confirm that my problems were solely caused by using rts/in game reset/cheats. Turns out these patches break the game and it just randomly freezes upon entering fights. Once I switched all of them off, I was able to play more than two hours without freezes.