1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't get an R4i RTS to do anything

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xaetrus, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaetrus

Xaetrus New Member

Hey everyone.

My problem is my card seems to do absolutely nothing. The card is an R4i SDHC & RTS. The box it came in was white, and the website on the front is http://www.r4rts.com.

Anyway, I got the firmware 2.6d from www.r4rts.com and extracted it to my 4gb SDHC card after formatting it. When I put the card into my original DS, the card shows up at Danny Phantom Urban Jungle. When i select it the screen goes white.. and that's it. I've tried other firmwares, reformatting with the SD formatter program, put the I/O file from the website on there, nothing. All the card has ever done is white screen.

I also have tried it on my girlfriends DSi which is running 1.4. Supposedly my card supports 1.4, but when I select Danny Phantom the screen goes black and says an error has occurred and to reboot the DS.

Just above the contact pins it has R4-cp2r-i 2009.04.09 stamped on my card.

So basically what Im wondering is.. Is my card dead? Am I getting the wrong firmware/missing a step?

Thanks a lot for any help

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If it's not reading it then the card isn't able to be played on 1.4 most likely.

Or the card is just bad.

3. Xaetrus

Xaetrus New Member

I've tried the card on both my original DS (I just get a white screen when I select Danny Phantom) and a DSi with 1.4U (black screen saying there's been an error and to reboot the DS). I read in a thread that if the card shows up as Danny Phantom then it's been patched to support 1.4, but my problem is the card seems to be DOA. On the website is has an I/O file which I dont really know what to do with, as well as the .zip with the firmware. All I do is extract the zip to the root of my SDHC card, am I maybe missing a step?

I tried the firmware 2.6d from the website on the box http://www.r4rts.com but still the same white screen or black screen/error. I also tried putting Ysmenu on it, still nothing.

Maybe a bad card?

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Bad card most likely.

It would at least have a screen that says loading or an error has occurred...

5. Xaetrus

Xaetrus New Member

That's what I figured too. All the threads I see with problems say files are missing and whatnot. I've even tried putting the card in both DS's without the SDHC card even in it, still does the same thing. Seems no matter what I put on the microSD, the firmware from the website, other cards, or even nothing, gives me the same problem.

Hopefully kick gaming will let me get a refund for it, and I can get a Acekard. I've read those work a lot better.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

If you do get a new card, get the Acekard 2i. :)

7. Xaetrus

Xaetrus New Member

That's the one Im looking at. Kick Gaming has it for 25 dollars, figure it's going to be a better bet than my mass-cloned R4i.

8. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Buy you AK2i from GameKool, they have legit AK2i's for $10.00 less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.