1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't find Downloaded NDS files in Winrar

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lickerofthetoe, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me how to find Games that i have downloaded to winrar, in order for me to extract them to my R4. Sometimes when download has completed, a box comes up and takes me straight to the file so that i can extract it to my R4, but recently, this hasn't been happening and i have checked the Winrar program on my pc and it is not in any of the folders.

Sorry its a bit vague, fairly new to this otherwise great site.

Thanks for any help/suggestions gP.s i have already tried new Emulator download in case this was the problem (still no joy)

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You don't "download" to winrar.

Winrar is like a "key' to opening said files.

Are the "unlocked" games in "rar' format or "nds" format?

And if there is any error boxes, let us know what it says.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Winrar is just a program. You don't download files to it.

When you download a NDS game from romulation, it will be a RAR file. You have to extract the RAR file to get an NDS file.
    Read this tutorial:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

4. Thats the problem, i can't find the rar file once i have downloaded it

5. TirithRR

Where did you save it to?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

When you download any file, keep track of where it goes.

Try using the search function on your pc and type in the name of the file-failing that-just the game and and wait.

That's what I do-if not found I assumed deleted :(

7. TirithRR

Or maybe he/she is choosing "Open" instead of "Save" when prompted to download the file, and isn't really saving it anywhere.

8. yep tried the search functions too, but no joy. I think i downloaded one game four times and couldnt find any of them!!

9. TirithRR

When prompted to save the file, where are you saving it?

10. Re: Can\'t find Downloaded NDS files in Winrar

Have tried open and save on download box, still cant find it.
    Post Merge: [time]1252339203[/time]
    it doesnt give me the option to save it in a specific place, it just starts downloading, but when it starts, it says 'downloading to temporary folder. And i have searched them, to no avail.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The program should say where it goes-take note and look there.

12. i have checked the temp folders, but its not there.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

"temp" means it'll disapear.

Alter where it goes-my documents is where mine goes.

14. TirithRR

Right click on the download link and choose the "Save target as..." option.

What browser are you using?

15. TirithRR

Your download settings are screwed up on your browser.
    For now, just use the "Save Target As..." option when you right click a link. This will force it to bring up a dialog box to let you tell it where to download the file.

When you click a download link, it should be like this:

Asks you if you want to Open or Save the file.
    [​IMG]

Choose Save, and it asks you where you want to save the file.
    [​IMG]

16. oooh that seems to be doing the trick, got another window running with it on and i have asked for it save the file to Winrar archive. Thanks guys, fingers crossed i think its working

17. Andrecito77

Andrecito77 New Member

If you are using IE7 then do this:

1. When prompted to save the file, Click Save. Then either a box will appear for you to choose where to save it, or it will start downloading. If the box appears then navigate to your Desktop and save (Go to step 2). Or if no box appears and the download finishes go to step 6.

2. Then the download will finish. Then look on your desktop.

3. If you are using WinRar then you will see an icon, with the icon being some books stacked together.

4. Double click on it and then WinRAR will appear. In the WinRAR view you will see 1-2 files.

5. Usually it will be just the NDS file but sometimes there are NDS file and a HTML file. Click and drag the NDS file to your desktop (or anywhere else) and voila! Your Game is ready to be played!

6. Go to My Computer, My Documents, [Your Username], Downloads and go to step 3-5.

NOTE: If you still cant see it then go to any folder and then go to Tools, Folder Options, View, Scroll down to Hidden files and folders and click "Show hidden files and Folders". Then try everything again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.