1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't extract roms!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by THESUPERCRAZYGUY, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THESUPERCRAZYGUY

THESUPERCRAZYGUY New Member

The problem is, once I finish downloading my NDS roms for my R4, and open up the winrar file for the rom, a message called "diagnostic messages" shows up saying "the file name" unexpected end of archives. Then when i try to extract the rom, half way there the message shows up again.....and I can't seem to un-zip it anyway...

HOW DO I FIX IT???

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Can't un-zip roms!

First, make sure you are using WinRAR, not Winzip. The NDS games here are stored in .rar files, not .zip

Download it from rarlabs.com

If that doesn't work, you likely got a corrupted download. Use a download manager like FlashGet to help avoid corrupted downloads.

3. THESUPERCRAZYGUY

I try to open the Flashget file I downloaded.....And then it says "the installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.this could be the result of a damaged disk, failed download or virus..."

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps it hasn't downloaded correctly...

Have you tried a second time?

And yes winrar would help-personally I use 7-zip to by pass those "pay for me NOW" messages, but everyone here seems to put up with them, so get that XD

Flashget...that's a download manager I believe, that won't open the file, you need winrar/7-zip to open it, but if it hasn't downloaded correctly, re-download it.

5. calvin1019

calvin1019 Active Member

RAR : WinRar
    ZIP and other : WinAce

not WinZip

6. THESUPERCRAZYGUY

nevermind...I was able to download the classic version....but in Chinese....is there an English version?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Should be?

8. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Huh?
    a winrar in chinese language?

9. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Is there such one exist?As far I know,it is in English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.