1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't extract Age of Empires Mythologies

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mdm Curie, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdm Curie

mdm Curie New Member

Hello

I just downloaded Age of Epires Mythologies (E) but I can't extract it. WinRAR diagnostic message gives the following:

! Cannot open C:\Users\Cécile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\DOABFT6Z\3195_-_Age_of_Empires_Mythologies_(E)(M5)(XMS)[1].rar

! The system cannot find the file specified.

! C:\Users\Cécile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\DOABFT6Z\3195_-_Age_of_Empires_Mythologies_(E)(M5)(XMS)[1].rar: No files to extract

I haven't yet placed it on my SD card, this happened when I tried to place it on my computer. I have already downloaded several other games which didn't gave a problem. (same problem occured with Wall E and Disney Friends, there's nothing in the folder)

Does anyone know how I can extract the game?

Thanks a lot!

2. mdm Curie

mdm Curie New Member

Forgot to mention, it is a NDS ROM

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

tryu to download it again

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It sounds like you didn't "Save" it but chose to "Open" it.

Internet Explorer tried to store it in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

Choose "Save" next time and select a location (Like your Desktop). Then go to the Desktop and open that file with Winrar.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Usually when it says it "Cannot find the file" and it is looking in the "/Temporary Internet files/" directory, it's because they chose "Open" instead of "Save" when the dialog box appeared. (Or internet explorer tried to Open it automatically instead of Save).

6. mdm Curie

mdm Curie New Member

I did choose "open" in stead of "save", I'll try that. And in doing so I will also have to download the game again so if a corrupted download caused the problem, it shouldn't happen again.

Both explainations seem plausibel but I downloaded all other my other games also with the option "open" so I wonder why they didn't gave a problem?

But thank you both for the help. the game is downloading now, so I hope It works this time.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

mdm Curie, don't really know, just don't choose Save from now on :)

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Open often works with small files, but it doesn't with larger files. I generally only use open for word/excel documents and the like.

9. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I just never use open, simple as that, never any problems if you save it.

10. 1mog3n

1mog3n New Member

Hey guys wasnt my question but helped me anyway :) Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.