1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't download anything from romulation.net

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by woofdum, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woofdum

woofdum Member

Hey, I've been using RomUlation.net for about 2-3 years and it worked fine until a few months back when I couldn't download anything from the website. It doesn't show the file size and when I click download, it says:

Cannot download this file.
    Details:
    HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

This has been happening for a few months. I thought it had to do something with the maintenance of the server, but it wasn't, I guess... Anyway, can anyone figure out why?

Details:
    Mozilla Firefox
    Internet Download Manager (I've already tried downloading it without this and it still doesn't work)
    Wireless Network Connection (NETGEAR)
    NDS Roms
    Been using mirrors!

2. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

how many points do you have?

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think 503 error means the download was denied because someone with the same IP was already downloading.

Does the error happen on both the North American and European servers?

4. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

if it doesn't work try again if that doesn't work try the next mirror if that doesn't work buy more points it is that simple

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

503 does not mean points. It means someone with your IP is already downloading.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

i'm also experienced the same problem during my first visit to this website,and i can't download any roms or iso for 1-2 weeks after become a member..but after that, i can download any roms..
    i suggest you try different download manager...because,when i'm using Orbit Downloader,i can download roms and it is faster too!!

7. woofdum

woofdum Member

So, it's just the download manger?

8. woofdum

woofdum Member

And it happens to both servers.

9. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

maybe youre already downloading something (aa,)

10. wilhelm820

wilhelm820 Member

I remember my router was the cause of that, Linksys. I ended up just upgrading and when I Swapped Routers problem was solved.
    Try rebooting your router completely.

11. woofdum

woofdum Member

Okay, thanks! Problem solved!

12. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

how bout telling us how you really solved the problem so other users with the same problems like you have wont need to make another thread?

13. woofdum

woofdum Member

I don't really know... but I reset my IP Address and it worked. I tried it on 2 computers because both had the same problem. Success! That's about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.