1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can't delete games from sd card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by perrypainter, Mar 11, 2010.

1. perrypainter

perrypainter Active Member

So I have the ttds and I have dragged new games onto my sd card, and in order to make more space on my sd card, i deleted some roms that didn't work right, or just sucked.

The problem is that when i plug my sd card into my computer, the files don't show up on the card. BUT , when I plug it back into my DSlite, the games show up on the top of the list, and they are still taking up the full space.

I believe as a result, the capacity is bogging down my ttds card and it's lagging.
    Does anyone know how to permanently clear games from the sd card?

2. violent

violent New Member

you can try reformating but when this happened to me the games showed up on my pc and my ds but wouldnt load. the pc wouldnt let me delete them and i ended up having to but a new sd card.

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

the SD is probably unreadable to your PC. i know because this happened to me before. try testing it out on a friend's pc and see if it works on theirs. if they don't own one (which i highly doubt they will) then take it to a repair shop and ask if you can test it out there otherwise buy a new SD card.

4. hothkc

hothkc Member

You went over the limit on the card. I always try to leave 200mb as a buffer. Try the card on other computers and reformat with Pan formater. Remember if you have a 8gb card it doesn't have a true 8gb its like 7.3 or something. And on that card I wouldn't go over 7gb.

This happened to a card I had you just have to be patient. Use the reader in diffrent computers. Also if you have an old operating system try someone with vista.

5. perrypainter

perrypainter Active Member

Thanks all.
    I actually have a Mac, and it DID read it, and I can drag things on and off.

When I delete the games from the card with my computer, the files disappear from the card, I THOUGHT!
    I know that in general, nothing s really DELETED, just able to be wrote over.

I'm guessing that when I did it on my comp, the file just got put to the very front, as to be the first thing to be written over.

Anyway, going to Costco today, getting an 8 gig. TWENTY BUCKS!!! Should do the trick for a while. :)

6. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

20 bux?! nice deal!