1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cannot use the "Change ISO" option in ePSXe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Weedmor_Fatblunt, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ePSXe
    Legend of Dragoon

The way the savepoints are set up i can go forward through the discs but i can't get back to Lohan! I seriously need the Legend Casque for Kongol, he's fine with phantom shield for now but i'm gonna need the legend casque for later bosses.
    btw don't bother giving me any "Kongol sucks" crap, he's a beast. a big slow beastly axe-swingin monster crusher.
    I try to use the Change ISO feature but it doesn't work

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Re: Cannot change discs

Try a different version of ePSXe. If you are using 1.7.0, try using 1.5.2 or 1.6.0

3. What an offhand solution. I could have and did in fact think of this myself, the only problem is i prefer ePSXe big time. 'preciate the offer of your advice but i'm definetly sticking with ePSXe. I'm sure somebody out there knows how to tussle with this problem.

4. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

If you need to change discs, do as TirithRR said and use an older epsxe version. The latest version has issues changing discs, so try version 1.5.2. All you need from the 1.5.2 download is the epsxe executable (the file that has the icon of a PS1 control pad). Put the 1.5.2 executable in the same folder as the version that you are already using (you will have to rename one of them, otherwise the new file will replace the old one) and run 1.5.2; start playing the game that you need to switch discs on.
    Play to the point where you are prompted to switch discs, then press the "Escape" key on your keyboard to quit to the program GUI. From the GUI click "File", select "Change Disc", then select "ISO" and find the disc that you want to change to.
    I've really no idea what you mean here.

5. i just skimmed his reply cuz it was so short, i thought he was saying switch to another emulator
    my bad TirithRR

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ya, it helps to actually read the posts. It's not like my post was very long or hard to understand.

ePSXe 1.7.0 is pretty buggy when it comes to disc changing. People report many problems when trying to use it. Reverting to 1.5.2 or 1.6.0 usually solves the issues. You can always revert to 1.7.0 after the disc change if you have something you like about 1.7.0. Though I personally use 1.5.2 for many of my games.

7. Thx, v1.5.2 worked but everything was double-speed. It was actually perfect though because i only went back a disc to train on 1 weak monster that drops a lot of money & it sped up the process a lot haha.