1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cannot Un-RAR Certain files.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MaglorOfNoldor, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaglorOfNoldor

MaglorOfNoldor New Member

I have recently downloaded Final Fantasy IX Disc 1 for PSX, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for PSX and Shenmue Disc 1 for DC, but when I go to un-RAR the files, it meets an unexpected end of archive and tells me that the file is corrupt.

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong, because I've never encountered this before, other than times where WinRAR has not let me open the files to begin with.

Also, for a quick fix, are there any other methods for extracting the files? They are .rar files, and it may work if I use another program to extract them, perhaps. Installing the latest version of WinRAR didn't seem to do anything.

I don't know if this is a common problem, but I did check to see if this has popped up before on the site, and I can't find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? :-\

2. fong pei1

fong pei1 New Member

download the rom again

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

A download manger would be an only option, like flashget or over download mangers, mabe saving corupted downloads

Post Merge: [time]1265914180[/time]
    http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

4. MaglorOfNoldor

I will download the Download manager, and try to download the first disc of Shenmue again. Until I confirm the outcome, I will wait patiently for it to finish. ;)

5. Jhon 591

manger list for windows

Post Merge: [time]1265916827[/time]
    Try anuther location if not , it might be the way its packed are uploaded

6. MaglorOfNoldor

I initially Dl'd Shenmue from the European server, I am currently downloading with the Dl manager from North America. I hope this helps, and thanks.

7. Jhon 591

If it dose happen then mention it to the modulators of this site, Mabe they can help you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.