1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Canada introduces a new grade worse than an F

Discussion in 'General News' started by afrokid13, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

Bummed about getting an F on a test? check this out
    http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090812/bc_sfu_cheating_090812/20090812?hub=BritishColumbia

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Is this only in Canada?

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I got a G9 on my SPM Additional Mathematics...
    Pretty sure its worst than FD...

4. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... Dumbasses

5. afrokid13

yeah just in Canada... so far.

6. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

So its stuck with you for two years..?
    A little harsh,but I guess its one way to reduce cheating...

7. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Wow.... Thats got to suck.... Is it only in University or highschool too??

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We have worse than F, Its called 'U', which means ungraded. So bad the teacher didn't bother marking it.

9. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Getting a "Dropped" in your report card is terrible too.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I hate the grading systems other countries use-seriously I'd feel pathetic if I got such a bad rating...now that I got this bad-worse I got was a c-...

And because I was a teachers pet-he gave me the chance to do it again-got A- XD

(Best was A+ for a rough draft that needed to be checked-2 weeks long project done in a day...)

It was funny-it was about types of illnesses and everyone got a chosen sickness depending on thier grade-one friend got alchol poisoning-he was late by a week and got a c+ for it...

I had tuberculosis-what ever that was-lucky mum new from experience...never heard of such a thing XD

(Lucky too-sounded horrible..)

Oh-sorry for the rambling ::)

Anyway-These grades don't really help peoples confidence-I heard for australia that they may change the grading systems-because it might be too harsh and lower confidence...

Same time though-they want to buff it up to make realistic stadards-go figure XD

11. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

Oh wow.

I feel ambivalent about this... I think incorrigible cheaters fully deserve that grade (they don't give FDs on first/second offense anyway) but what about students wrongly accused of cheating?

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That is my other concern...

Guess they'll have to fight the system.

13. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

yup, its the worse than getting those line of 7's....

14. afrokid13

wow different countries have very different systems

I think its simple here in the US
    A- Excellent
    B- Good
    C-fair
    D-Poor
    F-FAIL
    and of course theres the + and - thing

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

More or less the same in the UK, except sometimes we have A* above A and then of course U below F

16. afrokid13

Yeah but I remember in 3rd grade we had some sort of number system. They introduce letter grades in 4th grade. But you can't really fail something at that a grade that low :p. If you fail a grade lower than like 5th grade without some sort of disability... well that would be an EPIC FAIL! ;D

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I live in Canada and I haven't got a letter grade since elementary (grade 1 to 6). I guess if you cheat and get caught then you'd get FD just like if you missed a project you'd get N/A.

To get caught cheating, well if you're that noticeable (or stupid enough) to get caught you deserve an FD. And if someone does cheat (plagirism) they easily deserve it. I know a person in high school that couldn't speak english well and he got someone to write his essays for him, he got in the normal ELA classes and he failed the course because of his diploma mark, if he got an FD down the line, it probably would've of saved him.

18. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to agree with this.

19. fvixcgft2

fvixcgft2 Member

i would laff if they get caught copying and all the answers were wrong any way... then the deserve FD-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.