1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can your downloads be tracked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobbyMartyr, Dec 6, 2009.

1. RobbyMartyr

RobbyMartyr New Member

Say I download something from this site, can it be tracked by the authority? I heard that Nintendo is freaking out over people download roms so can the track it that I downloaded a game?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, technically isn't there records on your ISP?

4. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

they won't come to my country to just arrest me for downloading illegal roms....
    it's halfway of earth from america here....

5. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I don't think the fact that your on the otherside of the Earth makes a difference. I think the arrest of just one person could send a fearful message to people like ourselves not to do the same.

6. SolidSnakeRU

SolidSnakeRU New Member

yes, and u'll be sent to jail for life to be raped everyday.........lol ask something funnier

7. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I think they would rather shut down the source (RomU) than pick off a bunch of members one at a time....

8. sexywogboy

I'm actually surprised to see that a well known Rom site like Romulation is still up and running to be truthful. I'm sure Seph and team are trying their best to keep the site up, but it's still a site that could always be shut down anytime.

I just hope the community can stick together no matter what.

9. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Maby the regulars like us but Im guessing that more than half of the members would rather find a new site than fight back....

10. lawyang588

lawyang588 New Member

I'm sure that if a site gets shut down, someone else will put one up....it's like whack a mole for Nintendo..you can whack a site down..put another one will eventually pop up.

With everything in life, there is always a way around things...it's just that the power of the internet educates the mass population more quickly....

I couldn't imagine piracy being such a huge issue before the internet.....*hugs internet*

11. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

If romu goes down I'll boycott Nintendo who is with me?

12. Loonylion

it was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

13. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

One cannot simply shut down a website, they have no right to shut down RomUlation, we have an entire forum that's perfectly legal. What they can do is ask us to remove the content which they own the copyright to, and naturally we'd have to comply - but that's far from being able to "shut us down" as people like to throw around.

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

How many times they asked to remove something? And what company was it?

Just curious ::)

15. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Microsoft and EA have sent requests. The SIMS games, Sonic Games, Viva Pinata games. Many of these DS games are no longer available here on Romulation. Some don't even have pages containing game info because the copyright owner requested that even the info be taken down, not just the game itself.

16. Loonylion

microsoft were the only company to demand the page be removed as well. Theres been a few other games taken down too. Planet 51, mario and sonic olympics games and a couple of mah jong games

17. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Microsoft and EA... Most of their games on DS are bad anyways, so it's not a big loss...
    Good it's not Square Enix for example ::)

Thanks for info :)

18. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

maybe if your constantly downloading there is a better chance youll get caught. theres been a couple of times where my net provider has paused my internet connection because i was downloading illegal roms. but i just refused to pay for something i wasnt getting and they turn it back on. :). i havent been to prison yet lol and i doubt i ever will
    Post Merge: [time]1260121092[/time]
    maybe if your constantly downloading there is a better chance youll get caught. theres been a couple of times where my net provider has paused my internet connection because i was downloading illegal roms. but i just refused to pay for something i wasnt getting and they turn it back on. :). i havent been to prison yet lol and i doubt i ever will

19. lukands

lukands New Member

But really what is the answer?

20. sexywogboy

I don't think many game developers etc. ask Romulation to remove the game for the reason that Romulation actually offers "no-name" games the chance to be easily played. I think it's actually a good way to get the audience to know about your game...If it's a good game, people will buy it...If it's rubbish, it will be showed the back door of the gaming world.

Not that I'd ever want to see this happen, but if game companies actually got of their ass, they'd actually realise they still have the power to make sure their game isn't on Romulation. Imagine if every gaming company asked Romulation to remove their game LOL