1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can you watch movies on the ds?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ProGamerFtw, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProGamerFtw

ProGamerFtw New Member

Well as the topic says lol can you watch movies on your ds with a r4? I never really thought about this except i know you can listen music, and pics if you can is the quality good and the sound?

2. Void

Void Well-Known Member

You can watch videos but they will need a codec or have to be encoded to properly play.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not quite, they MUST be converted to .dpg for moonshell to play them. It does not and cannot support any other format (there's a homebrew that supposedly does avi and mpg support, but not as well as moonshell does dpg).

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Moonshell encodes video files to DPG, or at least runs DPG files which have already been encoded from something else though, right?

edit: plurality is cool.

5. HellBoyX1000

HellBoyX1000 Well-Known Member

There is a program called SUPER (Google It) and it will allow to convert to any video format (including .dpg)... I have watched a couple of movies on the r4...pretty impressive... There is a thread here somewhere that has a list of movies that are in .dpg, but i think the links are broken due to a recent attack on the site

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it plays .dpg files, they must be converted by a third party program prior to putting it on the flashcart.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Or dpgtools, a basic converter included with earlier Moonshell releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.