1. This forum is in read-only mode.

can you put save files onto a nintendo wii without a modchip??

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by snoopigin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. snoopigin

snoopigin Guest

Just wondering if it is possible to put save files (.sav) onto a nintendo wii without needing to have a modchip installed on your wii?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try saving some data onto an sd card (just copy from the system data) and locate a save from gamefaqs.

Unfortunatly I couldn't get it to work, it seems I do not know exactly where to put the save data and how it's set up (no instructions you see)...but how else do they get these working I wonder...

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

You run the Savegame Installer wad from your SD off the homebrew channel, then install the savegame (which is also on the SD) onto the Wii's onboard memory.

You don't need a modchip, but you do need to softmod your Wii.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

But that's modding it...installing the HBC is at least.

Some games you can copy...but most of the save files you can't.

5. snoopigin

snoopigin Guest

i've heard that if you get the homebrew channel it may stop you frm getting more wii system updates...

is there a way around that?

and also i've tried downloading the homebrew channel but i don't know what site to get it from...

6. Suiseiseki

He said modchip. Softmodding isn't the same as getting a modchip. And save files are easy to install, I've done it twice already.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, i just didn't pay attention to the title...

But yes, you can put save files on your wii without a modchip.

I've hacked a lot of wiis too without a mod chip.

8. snoopigin

snoopigin Guest

ok, so how do i do this?

how to i put it onto the wii for it to work?

9. Suiseiseki

Basically, there's an application you have to run off an SD card from the Homebrew Channel that will install a save file onto your Wii. Look up "Savegame Installer" in the downloads section of GBATemp. If you don't have the Homebrew Channel, ace wrote a guide on how to softmod your Wii.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep.

It's on ARZ (the little globe thing as my homepage) (in the emulation/modding board).

it's for 4.2 wiis.

but if you have a 3.1-4.1 wii, then you need to do a different way.

but just install the Homebrew Channel for now...the other stuff is riskier. :p

Happy Hacking!

and if you need ANY help, just pm me. and i'll reply as soon as i can.