1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can you put GBA Roms on R4 for DS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bobcheeseball, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcheeseball

bobcheeseball New Member

I apologize if this is in the wrong place or if this is a dumb question I'm just curious to see If I can download Donkey Kong Country on my R4 DS.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need a slot 2 device like the EZFlash 3 in 1 to play GBA games on your DS. Slot 2 is the GBA Slot. Without that device, the R4 cannot access the GBA portion of the NDS hardware.

3. busymumpurple

busymumpurple Member

Hello, i have been given the EZFlash 3 in 1 to do this with but have no idea how to put any firmware etc onto my r4 to access the gba games once loaded. Could you please offer some very simple step by step links or details for me to try and learn how to do it. All I can do is drop and drag a NDS game from the disk he gave me to the SD card via USB. He had all the firmware loaded for me when he got them. Thank you heaps if you can help as my boys love the GBA games.

4. TirithRR

You need the 3 in 1 exp pack tool homebrew.

Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and download 3in1_ExpPack_Tool_19d.zip under the Essential Utilities.

Push that on your card, and put your GBA games on your card. Run the Exp pack tool, and then you can load the GBA games.

5. busymumpurple

busymumpurple Member

Do I need to leave the current r4 firmware on the ds card? Thank you for your help. I hope I can get it all to work. :)

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yes.

By the way, that ExpPack tool is somewhat outdated; look around GBATemp.net for a homebrew called GBA ExpLoader. It's made by the same guy and does the same thing, but is better.

7. TirithRR

GBA Exploader is on linfoxdomain as well.

8. bobcheeseball

bobcheeseball New Member

Ok thanks for the help guys

9. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

If you want donkey kong country, why not just use the SNES version?

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Because SNES emulation on the DS is terrible and redundant compared to using a slot-2 flashcart to play a more technically advanced remake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.