1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can you believe this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miros, Oct 17, 2009.

1. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Look at this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Acekard-2i-DSi-Compatible-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ250515438752QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item3a53e23ca0#ht_3069wt_1167

People are actually selling for flash carts on eBay! What are your thoughts and opinions?
    miros

2. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Why not belive this? I bought my SuperCard on Allegro - it was cheap, original, and I got Kingston 4 gb as a gift :p

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Ebay has always been a method of selling Homebrew devices and Modchips. Things that are "grey" and not sold in retail outlets.

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I did not know that! I thought that eBay had strict policies on piracy and junk.
    miros

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

It's been a few years since I've used ebay after a bad deal, but anyway back then there was a policy in effect to where you couldn't sell flashcarts on ebay, so evidently something has changed. Seemed like it was based on the wording of the item, also this was before NDS was even in the market it was all GBA flashcarts then.

6. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on eBay, Apocalyptica.
    miros

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

From what I've observed, eBay won't remove listings as long as the seller doesn't mention that you can play roms. The listing in question doesn't mention piracy, so it's fine.

8. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Yeah, since the older GBA flash carts did not have the technology of microSD cards the games would be stored directly on the cart. Therefore, people could buy an expansion that would be ready to play homebrew games. However the Acekard requires a microSD card with the firmware installed in order to serve its purpose. Without the SD card and proper software, flash carts are just shiny pieces of plastic.
    miros

9. MadmanNero

Wasn't nothing big, almost got stiffed on a Sega Nomad after threating they guy about contacting a lawyer (after a month of e-mails) the guy finally sent it, wasn't the first time either so I finally grew a distrust with it and left it alone, I'm sure things are better now but I been away from it so long I just don't bother with it anymore.

10. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I believe that the core of any problems on eBay is that any Joe Shome can register, buy, and sell items. However, I would like to think that the feedback rating system really helps to separate the phonies from the legit sellers and buyers.
    miros

11. MadmanNero

The guy I bought the nomad from had a high feedback at the time, but somewhere or another it went to shit after I dealt with him, but as I said before I say lot has changed since I used ebay and hopefully for the better so don't take my personal complaints against it to detour anyone else from it.

Anyway to get back on topic somewhat, if your able to get flashcarts from ebay especially at a lower than retail price I say go for it, jump all over it get two and make a friends day. :D (I'll take donations too. LOL)

12. blazergame

blazergame Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not surprise at all. You can find just about anything on Ebay. LOL

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That's nothing.

Sure-it's kinda illegal-but...

Not as bad as other things..I did a search on guns..

Imagine if I got lucky with customs XD

14. miros

miros Well-Known Member

You can buy guns and cool stuff from gunbroker.c o m , however it ships to a gun dealer where you have to register it under your name.
    miros