1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can\'t play some games on R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lukinator007, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukinator007

Lukinator007 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!
    I need help...
    I've got an R4 card and on my computer I've got winRAR.
    So...I've downloaded some games from every sight I know,
    and some games I downloaded were nds files all ready. I could play some of them.
    But now I'm on this sight, and i downloaded some games too. But they were RAR things, so I
    opened them in WinRAR. 1 of 3 games worked! Why?! They were all just nds datas. When I unpack a RAR file shouldn't there be a SAV and a NDS file? ???
    Post Merge: [time]1256736685[/time]
    If i wanna start a game it says: "No SAV data found. Do you want to create it?" I press yes, but then the game says:" Could not find SAV data. Please insert the ds card again."

Ps: I have the programm Moonshell on it. Does that mean anything?

2. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Re: Can't play some games on R4

Nope. There shouldn't be any SAVs from RomUlation downloads. You also may need to read the common issues thread and search the technical help section for running certain NDS titles. :)

Yep, it needs to be ARM7 patched. Check out the common issues thread for how to.

And Moonshell is the homebrew media player you can access from the R4 startup screen.

4. Lukinator007

Re: Can\\\'t play some games on R4

Is R4 or Moonshell or whatever an emulator or a flashcard? Sry, I'm new in these things
    Post Merge: [time]1256737411[/time]
    and there is a new software for R4, the 1.25. Shall i download this version or the 1.18?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Moonshell is a media app for the r4-r4 is your flash card :)

It plays music and as such...

As for the fireware-I'm no expert-wait until someone who know's replies.

6. Lukinator007

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are many different R4s. You need to know which one you have in order to get the right firmware.

8. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Also get ysmenu, its faster and better

9. hodgdon1205

hodgdon1205 New Member

I'm very new to this as well and am trying to get games but most of them land up saying no save file restart yet i put the card in my comp and there is a sav file it seems almost all of the games i have dl have this same problem I don't know if my r4 needs an update or not like i said very new to this but thought it would be cool to have the games all on one verses having to load each game can anyone help me?

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Update your firmware. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 'save issues' etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.