1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can someone reccomend me some good Metal music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by omega zero master 28973, Apr 21, 2011.

1. I really like Disturbed (DISTURBED ROCKS 8)!!!!).
    Does anyone now a band with the same style of Metal?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The same style? No.

Manowar is a good band though.

3. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Justin Bieber

4. I hate him.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Dethklok.

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Surely the best metal band would be Lead Zepplin.....I didnt care much for Iron Maiden

7. Dman10

Dman10 New Member

Bullet For My Valentine, Five Finger Death Punch, and Avenged Sevenfold are some of my favorites.

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

really depends what you like to listen. if you like disturbed alot then you might be into Nu Metal. try looking for bands in that genre

9. miniafroboy

miniafroboy Well-Known Member

Korn, Breaking Benjiman, Tool, Perfect Circle, Thousand Foot Crutch, Metallica, System of a Down. Yea.

10. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

old Linkin Park stuff is good Nu Metal. not so much their new stuff though :p

11. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

You may like Megadeth. They are kinda close in the general sound to Disturbed.

12. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Disturbed is nu metal. If you want that kind of bullshit, use last.fm to find similar artists. If you wish to keep your integrity instead you can just turn your speakers off and never listen to music again.

13. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Oh I love this. Define.

14. iluvfupaburgers

dont know what nu metal is??
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal

15. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

If I was talking to you, I would have quoted you.

Nevermind, my point has been diminished, continue.

16. iluvfupaburgers

if you were just talking to him, you would have PM him instead of writing in a blog where anyone can answer. and i guess your point has been diminished

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I'm loosely tied to this argument so let me just say that you ruined something that could have been great by answering for me. In addition to wikipedias objective description I'd like to mention that it's not good.

18. iluvfupaburgers

im sorry for ruining something promisingly epic :(

19. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Then what's ''good'' to you?

20. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's have this argument. Considering your fervent defense for Disturbed I'll draw the conclusion that you don't know enough about music to warrant a serious take-time-out-of-my-day discussion. And I know you're looking for whys rather than whats, that is an explanation to accompany my favorite artists, so let me make this easier on both of us and turn this around: why do you think Disturbed is "good"?

I was going to write this from the perspective of someone who's not an asshole, but I'm feeling good today so you'll just have to forgive me for my rude demeanor.