1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can someone please help me with the Final Fantasy VII Command Screen Problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sephiroths_Apprentice, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I'm new here and I've got a slight problem with Final Fantasy VII.
    You see, everytime I go into battle, the swirly thing doesn't happen, the game freezes for a sec, then goes to the battle, but instead of the Command Screen, I get a big black box with a small blue box in it. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

This may have been asked before, but I didn't find anything using the Search option so... Yeah, I'm a little lost here. I downloaded the ePSXe emulator JUST for this game, because I used to have it, but one of my friends stole it...

2. mkmr

mkmr New Member

Follow my steps
    1. Download gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll http://www.mediafire.com/?yxn35wmmwwz
    2.Put the file in your plugins folder
    3.Open ePSXe > Config > Video > Select/Config Video Plugin > gpu PeteOpenGL2
    4.Start FF VII

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

dont forget to configure the plugin. Use the 'nice' presets, and make sure you enable the 'special game fixes' relevant to FFVII

Also, if you don't have a nvidia graphics card, you want gpupeted3d7 or gpupeted3d not opengl2.

4. Lord of ff

Lord of ff New Member

this is a common mistake with the disc i had it happen to me several times but for some reason it stopped when i opened the command screen paused the game then opened and closed the playstation then resume.. hope it works for you

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its nothing wrong with the disc, its the emulator configuration at fault.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, Pete's plugins even have a special fix for the FF7 cursor/battle command box. You need to enable it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.