1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can someone help me with homebrew?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Deathbreak911, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I can't take it anymore! I need someone to direct me on my quest for homebrew!

I've wanted to work with DS homebrew for a while, but I don't know where to start. I've tried some tutorials, but to no real avail. I haven't tried learning by looking at the code yet because some is painfully easy and some is brutally hard.

Can anyone recommend any tutorials for me? I'm not going to, by any means, call myself a master programmer. I know enough to make simple games in Java(mario clone, roguelikes, bla bla), but nothing more. It's kinda my overall goal to make an RPG maker clone on DS, but I'm not holding out hopes for anything, I just want to learn it.

If you have any tutorials that have helped you, or any friendly advice, please post it here!

Thanks all! More games will be aviable for you from me soon ;) (Haha... I hope!)

(PS. Admins.... where does this go? Move if you must. Sorry! D:)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Learn a bit of C/C++, get associated with hardware knowledge and programming, then read https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=9818.0 . Someone like you should not start with libnds yet. Don't try to consider making ideas like the RPG Maker, start with something small, and then eventually work up.

3. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

I'm not considering making it, I intend to start out small and all that ^.^

Ok then, well, I guess I have 20 hours to go on C++ training. ^.^

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

PM me if you need anything else :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.