1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can Romulation see my downloads?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usernameladiesman217, Sep 5, 2010.

1. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

And can they stop it mid-download?

I was just curious.

2. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

You spend points...they would want to screw you...WHY?

I guess they could if someone hacked the download to keep their points.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We can see started downloads on a per user basis, we cannot see on-going downloads, though. We can see on-going connections but only based on IPs, we cannot see which file each IP is downloading.

We can stop transfers mid-downloading, but doing so to a specific user or for a specific file would be very difficult, this is only really feasible against random connections - which we, of course, have no interest in doing.

4. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

so if I somehow just maybe not saying it's possible but somehow just glitchly found a download in the NDS section and started it right away, you can immediately stop me from downloading it?

5. usernameladiesman217

Hey that's pretty cool!

Thanks Seph :)

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If you mean the forum share section then no, we cannot monitor that at all. If you mean you found a problem on the NDS section that allowed you to download NDS files then not only would I be highly impressed but yes we would be able to see it - assuming we were sitting and watching for it at that point in time. We do not have any code running that monitors it, at least not to that degree of detail, the only monitoring of downloads we do is a count of currently running downloads and a counter that sums up all the bandwidth used so we know how much of our connection is in use.

7. usernameladiesman217

:p Gives me the urge to click every link I can find.