1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can music stimulate sleeping and learning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frebels, Feb 11, 2010.

1. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

I like to listen to music when i learn but does it really stimulate it?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends on the person. Some people find it helps, others find it a distraction.

3. pokekid

pokekid Active Member

in science we did some work on that in the results we found out that we work better with music but thats just my class

4. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

classical music is best for learning or doing homework. Ambient noise like rain or running water is best for sleep... but I guess it comes down to preference.

5. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

Yea, preference could really help. Like certain genres and songs could affect emotions during listening.

6. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

this is something i would like to know more about....i myself find music stimulating when going to sleep...but on learning...not so much..it may help me finish my homework....but in the next day i end up remembering very little of what i did....

7. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

Listening to music before falling asleep is bad for you(learnt it in psychology) as it stimulates the brain and can lead to bad sleeping patterns.

BUT

i also learnt classical music is supposed to be as effective as valium.
    Ive taken valium and trust ,beethoven didnt put me to sleep for 2 days XD

8. namenick

namenick Well-Known Member

I'm a little strange
    when I study at home...
    I always put on my hearphone and read
    while listen music

but it only works with Cd's that I Know
    every single song
    so the music
    (and the noise from other room of my house)
    don't distract me

9. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I have used music to fallen asleep and it has worked for me, but it depends on the music you use.
    Example something like rain,jungle,win, or calm relaxing music or sounds work for me and I fall asleep like a baby. lol

and for getting pumped up and excited for practice or for going outside and training. I would use a song that motivates me and it really does work for me.

10. rob_5000x1

rob_5000x1 Member

music helps me do things and concentrate, but i hear that it can be a huge distraction to the wrong people, and sleep i heard doesnt let you go into a complete sleep, but im not sure, just my outlook i guess... :p