1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can I use Acekard 2i .sav files with an R4i Gold 3DS?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by galewis, Dec 9, 2012.

1. galewis

galewis New Member

I just received shipment of two R4i Gold 3DS ("deep labyrinth") cards for my sons' 3DSs from r4ids.cn. Both boys were using the Acekard 2i before that. (I'd given up hope that the Acekards were ever going to be updated again. It's been months.) Both 3DSs are running 4.5.0-10.

I was hopeful that their Acekard-created .sav files would be usable with the new R4i cards, but when I load up a ROM, there are no saved games to choose from. Am I out of luck?

Thanks --

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I believe it is possible to convert savegame files between the formats used by different carts. It is not usually possible to transfer them directly.

3. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

Shunyweb.info
    An online Flashcard/Emulator save game converter

4. galewis

galewis New Member

This website looks interesting/promising, but I don't see the R4i specifically as a Target output. I do see an R4 in there though... I'll try that one.

Thanks for the lead.

5. retinaburn

retinaburn Member

I have the same carts as you. The sav files should be compatible without any sort of conversion. One of the main differences is how they save the file extension on the save. One card is game.sav and one is game.nds.sav. I can't remember which way it goes. But you can change the setting in the settings by pressing start -> settings -> file system settings tab. You will see save extension, select whatever extension your savs has. This will save a step of renaming every single sav you have.

Another thing you can do is in the settings -> system settings, adjust set file list type to NDS + SAV. This will help you get a better idea of what type of save files you have, and how many you have. If your save types don't match, you'll end up with 2. The new one will be empty, giving you the notion that your sav didn't work. When in reality, it's just creating a new one because the extension was selected incorrectly.

Hope this helps!

6. galewis

galewis New Member

YOU DA MAN. Thank you!!!