1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can I? "Updating" a Wii with the HBC installed from a game disc

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by person10123, Sep 23, 2012.

1. person10123

person10123 Active Member

Hey I have a red wii with sys menu 4.3 (US), when I used the HBC and Bootmii installer I just installed only the HomeBrew Channel.

I got the other day 'Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition', but when I went to the disc channel I found out the disc has an "update" embedded. I know I can just play all the games on that disc from emulators but there will be other recent games that I want to get which will force to update too.

I figured maybe if I just delete the channel and save file, I'm safe to update right?(Afterwards I just install HBC as I did before.)
    Since I didn't install Bootmii which makes permanent changes to the wii (I know just deleting the HBC and save file will not get rid of the logs and traces on Wii).

Thanks in advance

2. traegfx

traegfx Active Member

Haven't been with the Wii Scene lately but I remember there being a program with config settings that would block bypass update checks..

3. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

You can, however you will need to reinstall bootmii and HBC since the 4.3 update removes them

4. person10123

person10123 Active Member

Thanks for the tips but I already formatted my wii about 3 days ago just to be safe and did the stupid updates from the disc. Checked the latest Nintendo updates by checking online and I already had the latest stuff on my wii thanks to the disc. Just have to reinstall hbc at a later date and my wii works just smoothly after the update and format .

I think that would be priiloader but I don't wanna softmod yet. There's also gecko but I easily got tired of that.

Um the description of the problem says I already have 4.3, anyway I personally found out myself that this "update" does just this when you're already a 4.3 :
    -Gets rid of non-nintendo software
    -Adds not so "new" channels including:
    Preview channels of netflix, nintendo channel, internet channel, everybody votes & check mii out.