1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can i really play PlayStation, gamecube and N64 games on my computer?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by duzke, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

How? Plus what is this PSX i hear so much about? I really want a PS emulator so can anyone recommend one and can i download roms in romulation. Also, why are they in 2 discs+.Thanks.

2. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

epsxe is probably the best playstation emulator, some of the ps games are multi-disc

3. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

Is there a ps2 emulator and can i play ps1 games on it?
    Post Merge: [time]1254911510[/time]
    Wait, do i need to have the ps1 disc in my computer to play it and if so why are there ps1 roms on romulation.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, there is a PS2 emulator, but it can't play PSX (PSX = original playstation and PSOne) games. You don't need a disc in your computer, but thats one way of playing them.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Emulators.

I googled all of mine up.

Here are what I used..

epsxe-playstation 1 emulator.

pcsx2-ps2 emulator.

Project64 (pj64)-n64 emulator.

Dolphin-gamecube/wii emulator.

Each one works differently to configure-best bet is to download them-one at a time, and ask for help here...

But one at a time-figure one out before messing about with another-otherwise you'll do your head in XD

As for multi-disc-some games are THAT big, playstation 1 and ps2 may occasionally need 2 disc...

Well not so much ps2-only devil may cry 2 does.

For ps1 and ps2-you can use your real disc-or even burnt ones.

Gamecube/wii requires the use of iso's-the contents of a disc as a file-as not many computers can read a gamecube/wii disc as they aren't dvd's...it's a special nintendo optical disc format.

Well good luck :)

6. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

Hey thanks mds64. Exactly what i was after.

7. Loonylion

Several PSX games are up to 4 discs.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

No worries...

Also-I may have mis-spelt the gamecube emulator-it might be "dolwin" so try the 2 in google...

"gamecube emulator" is what helped me out :)

Also the emulators may or may not have plugins (which alters how the game looks, sounds and plays)...

All but epsxe comes with the needed plugins-but may need to be set.

But to be safe-do as I did-get one running before trying another type-and keep in mind the same config may not let every game work.

I had to change the settings on pcsx2 a few times just to get decent speed for grand theft auto...

(tip-for anything past n64 games I hope your pc has a bit of graphic power-or else it's gonna run slow or not at all)

9. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

If you have any questions about PJ64 you can ask me, my name might still be in the 'about' box (TrotterW) :D

10. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

Can someone post a link to a .rar file that has both cd's for MGS on PS1. Thanks.

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Here
    CD1
    https://www.romulation.org/PSX/Metal_Gear_Solid_disc_1_of_2_%5BU%5D%5BSLUS-00594%5D.rar.html

CD2
    https://www.romulation.org/PSX/Metal_Gear_Solid_disc_2_of_2_%5BU%5D%5BSLUS-00776%5D.rar.html

You should have use the search function. ;D

EDIT : .....I missed your "for both cd's"....but the above link is good enough.. ;D

12. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

Yer, but they cost points :(. Nah, im just kidding, i was about to anyway. One more thing: when i download a nes game on romulation there are about 50,000 (over exaggerated) files on there. Does it matter what i use or can i use any if theyre in the same .rar file?

13. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

"Use"?
    Emulator or roms?

14. duzke

duzke Well-Known Member

There are games with different titles i guess e.g. in super mario bros 2 there are some that say "fucked up bros 2" or something. Are these mods of the game or something and should i put them into my flashcard?

15. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Turn them into iso's, I have a 16gb flash drive and all three final fantasy 7 disc only come upto 2gb!

16. Loonylion

mods, translations, all kinds. Generally only retro consoles have multiple copies of the rom. the one with (!) is the confirmed good one

17. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

See the tag explanation in the tutorial section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.