1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can I play GBA and NDS emulator/roms on Nokia 5800?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CrazyandLazy, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyandLazy

CrazyandLazy Member

Topic title is the question. My friend asked me if she could play GBA and NDS games on her Nokia 5800. I said I will see if she could. Anyone know? Please help.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

No it can't.

But I'm sure it can play Gameboy games with a Java Gameboy Emulator. Do some searching on google for it.

3. CrazyandLazy

CrazyandLazy Member

ok java gameboy games... got it thanks >_>b

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Remember-Gameboy-not gameboy advance-gonna be a bit much...especially with that model phone.

Ethier put up with a pc emulator or get the real thing-or a psp XD

5. CrazyandLazy

CrazyandLazy Member

lol at PSP..... I'm not made of money

I know it's going to be off-topic but help me out on this one

the Nokia 5800 is my friend's phone. I told her I will get her some games.

Thing is I don't know anything about mobile games or how to install them. So far I found this site http://www.downloadchill.com/s60_games.aspx . I downloaded 10 games from there. Four had only the .sis file[just transfer the file to the micro SD of phone and install then play right?] while The other 6 games contained numerous filetypes which I don't know[I have no idea how to install these].

How do you get new games for your mobile? How do you get games for the 5800 model in particular? Please help a brother out!

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I have no idea-but I have a 6500s-and that's an s40 type phone-so is yours if what I know of phones is correct-those won't work :(

Your only chance is to BUY them officiall as free one's are...crap.

Or get a pc game emulator for your friend-they are free :)

s40 type phone's are good for gaming-s60 is pushing it-I know phone's like the iphone can play a few (64 prehaps-though difficult with lack of buttons)...

Besides-anymore than GB on an s40 (assuming that has been done) is gonna be tough...

Doesn't it have preloaded games on it-mine had snake 3-d and some rally game-which was nice-but judging on those there is no way an s40 game can do even a SNES game correctly :(

(nethier am I-that's why I found an eb game's scam-buy them and return them...but keep the game dumps -that'll teach them to offer me $5 for a $70 rare game!)

7. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Well there's a game-boy emulator for mobile called MeBoy. I'm not sure if it works though, here's some links
    http://www.techagesite.com/meboy.htm http://java-phones.com/tools/meboy
    It may not work on that model though.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...hrm.

It might work on a s40 if it has java-which it might-if not just download it.

Though can the poster put up with such old games-sure there are a few classics but...not to everyone's taste.

If there was a NES emulator for phone's I might be interested :)

9. CrazyandLazy

CrazyandLazy Member

NES emulators....god why didn't I think of that....I will go on the internet hunt tomorrow about this....if I find something I'll post it here

thanks for taking the time and posting what you know....it helps :)

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Indeed-if you find an nes emulator for your mobile post the link-I have the roms XD

It would be nice to know for an s40 user :)

BTW-best game on mobile is tetris-unless you find a sturdy emulator XD

11. CrazyandLazy

CrazyandLazy Member

yeah....I love internet hunts...hopefully I'll get what I want tomorrow....
    to be able to play nes and snes on mobile would be great...

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

snes would be a bit slow..especially mario kart or star fox-the best to get..stick to snes-and remember-your phone is an s40-now you know what you need to look for.

13. CrazyandLazy

CrazyandLazy Member

Isn't it s60? Below is quote from a website.

The 5800 uses Symbian S60 5th Edition (also known as S60v5), and all S60 5th Edition applications should install without any problems.

btw....I didn't search for emus that could run on the 5800...lazy I guess....my friend will just have to do with the 10 games I downloaded for her >_>b

again thanks for the replies mds64

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.