1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can Dexdrive saves be utilized with ePSXe?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by GRIMEYtheFATMAN, Oct 19, 2008.

1. GRIMEYtheFATMAN

GRIMEYtheFATMAN Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get ePSXe(I have 1.7) to recognize Dexdrive saves? I ask, because it's the only way I can think of to get the hidden cars in Gran Turismo 2. Is anyone here even familiar with the device?

Or if anyone can suggest an alternate means of accessing the hidden cars, as that's really all I want out of this thread.

2. wine_red

wine_red Member

There's this program called delta that can read dexdrive saves, though I have to re-familiarize myself with it before I can give further information.

But for the record, I've accessed the saved files on my ePSXe (all seven characters endings on SaGa Frontier, yay!), after doing something on Delta.

http://delta.ngemu.com/Downloads/delta201Setup.exe

here's the latest version, I'll get back to you with how to do what you want to do.

3. GRIMEYtheFATMAN

Thank you for the download, and thanks in advance for the help.

4. wine_red

wine_red Member

These are the instructions.
    1. Run Delta
    2. Choose any ps1/psx game.
    3. If a window comes up, that shows you the recommended plugins to run the game, click the close button.
    4. Go to the mnemory cards tab. If a dialog box appears and asks you to create a card, click yes.
    5. On memory card slot 1, under card Options, click Import.
    6. Find the dexdrive file (*.gme) and click open.
    7. Look at the directory displayed under the section that shows the contents of the save file (the file should end as .mcr) and look for it on explorer (it should be the place where the dexdrive is).
    8. At this point, a *.mcr copy of the save file (under the same filename) should be found in the same place where the *.gme should be.
    9. Close Delta (It will ask you to save the settings [whatever they are], say yes to close it).
    10. Use the *.mcr memory card on ePSXe.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

5. GRIMEYtheFATMAN

Okay, I'll ask; Is the procedure pretty much similar if I'm converting a Dexdrive save I've downloaded from GameFAQs?

6. wine_red

wine_red Member

It's not really converting the dexdrive saves to the .mcr format. It rather, copies the content of the dexdrive save and creates a .mcr save file which contains the exact same data. The instructions don't really teach you to convert the format, but you'll still get the same result (a save file format recognized by ePSXe).
    You get to keep the original .gme and at the same time get the contents on the .mcr format.

And the savefiles I mentioned are also from damefaqs

7. GRIMEYtheFATMAN

Ok, I've got the CLK race car; does anyone know if it's supposed to be AWD and rev to about 14,000rpm. or if I have a hacked "hybrid"?

8. wine_red

wine_red Member

Congratrulations to you!

Sadly I don't know about that, but I'm sure someone would answer your question.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

14k sounds dangerously high to me.

10. GRIMEYtheFATMAN

Actually, after driving the Alfa-Romeo 155 touring car and Opel Calibra touring car, it appears those properties are correct.

Another discovery is that the save file conversion/duplication issue that was the basis for this thread is moot, as ePSXe 1.7 reads .GME files(though not so sure about older versions).

11. Don't worry; it's probably not a hybrid. The CLK Race Car comes standard with AWD and an engine that revs to 14K. Whats the horsepower and weight on it?